YaST Docker Module
This module provides access to a Docker daemon running on the server.
The module provides the following features:
- List Docker images available on the system.
- Delete Docker images from the system.
- Start Docker containers.
- List Docker container running on the system.
- Stop a running Docker container.
- Kill a running Docker container.
- Show changes made to a running Docker container compared to its original image.
- Inject a shell into a running container.
- Commit a running Docker container.
The images tab
This section of the module lists all the Docker images available on the system.
Docker containers can be started by selecting an image from this tab and pressing the "Run" button.
The run dialog allows you to specify the following options:
- Share a volume between the Docker host and the container. Details about this Docker feature can be found inside of the official documentation.
- Map services listening inside of the container to the public network. Details about this Docker feature can be found inside of the official documentation.
The containers tab
This section of the module lists all the Docker containers running on the system.
List changes made to the container
It is possible to list all the changes made to a running container compared to the image from which it has been created.
Commit container changes
It is possible to commit a running container and select or type the Image's repository, name and version.
Inject terminal inside of a running container
Sometimes it can be useful to have a terminal inside of a running container.
This operation can be accomplished by using the
docker exec feature available
since docker 1.3.
By pressing the "Inject terminal" button a new terminal window is started. Exiting from the new shell session does not affect the running container.
Right now the package is available only for openSUSE Factory and can be installed from here.