Sparkle for Github
An easy-to-use software update framework for OS X developers on Github.
Differences from Sparkle
- It uses the Version instead of Build number.
- The Github version can contain a "v".
- It uses latest github release.
- Only uses code signing to check the identity, so you have to sign your binary.
- No system profile can be sent.
- Marked.js for parsing markdown.
How to release an update
A quick guide:
- Increase Version number under General
- Commit all files
- Push master to Github
- In Xcode archive Version and Export a Developer ID-signed Application
- Zip the exported application
- On github create a new release with the same version
- Test update
The Build version does not matter.
- add nice custom github style to the changelog window
- add additional security checks for SSL