- If you're using zigbee2mqtt for your devices, it's a must.
- Display zigbee devices and the status of each of them.
- Flexible installation:
- Available as a HASS.IO add-on (integration into Home Assistant). Ingress is supported too. note: can be used without Home Assistant.
- Published as a docker image (Linux & Windows, both for x64 + ARMv7)
- Operations on devices:
- Allow network join - no more need to setup virtual switches in HA just for that.
- Rename devices
- Remove devices from network
- Bind device to another one (mostly used for Ikea TRÅDFRI devices - documentation here)
- Visualize device health
- Based on ASP.NET Core 2.2.
OPTION 1 - Installing as
- Add the following repository url in HASS.IO:
- Configure your credentials for your MQTT server
OPTION 2 - Installing from docker
Run the following command by replacing
<mqttpassword> with your correct values.
docker run -p 8880:80 -e Z2MA_SETTINGS__MQTTSERVER=<mqttserver> -e Z2MA_SETTINGS__MQTTUSERNAME=<mqttusername> -e Z2MA_SETTINGS__MQTTPASSWORD=<mqttpassword> --restart always carldebilly/zigbee2mqttassistant
draft note: environment variables are currently the easiest way to set those settings. Open an issue if you need it to be in a configuration file/folder.
OPTION 3 - Installing from sources & compiling using Visual Studio
- Compile the solution file
- Adjust settings in
appsettings.jsonfor your MQTT connection
Note: it won't compile using the dotnet core build yet. For now, MSBuild is required to build it.
You can refer to
Settings.cs file for more information
on allowed settings. Here's the important settings:
||Base MQTT topic when Zigbee2Mqtt is publishing its data|
||Base MQTT topic for HASS Discovery|
||Name or IP address of the MQTT server|
||If should use TLS to connect to MQTT server|
||Port for MQTT server|
||Username for MQTT server|
||Password for MQTT server|
||Threshold for triggering low-battery warning (%)|
- Build a CI + publish to docker hub
- Shorter environment variables + config file (for docker image)
- Create a
- Support for
- Automatic update of repo on new version
- Support for
- Support Zigbee Bindings
- Support Docker Manifest (support for ARM + Windows)
- Support Zigbee groups WAITING FOR NEXT VERSION OF ZIGBEE2MQTT FOR THIS ONE
- Better display of "routes to coordinator"
- Improve UI
- You need a running installation of
- Developped & tested with Zigbee2Mqtt v1.5.1
- Simple MQTT connection with username/password (TLS supported)
- Client certificates not supported yet - open an issue if your need it.
- Zigbee2Mqtt required settings:
Home Assistant Discovery MUST be activated - event if you're not using it. This shouldn't have any side effect to your installation.
AN ACTUAL INSTALLATION OF HOME ASSISTANT IS NOT REQUIRED
homeassistant: truein Zigbee2Mqtt configuration
last_seenshould be set to
ISO_8601. Not required, but you'll have a better experience when activated.
- If you have suggestions or find bugs, don't hesitate to open and issue here, on Github.
- PULL REQUESTS are welcome! Please open an issue first and link it to your PR. If you're unsure about how to implement a feature, we should discuss it in the issue first.