To run the example project; clone the repo, and run
pod install from the Project directory first. For a simple tutorial see this Google Developers article - Using the YouTube Helper Library to embed YouTube videos in your iOS application.
YouTube-Player-iOS-Helper is available through CocoaPods. To install the library, add the following line to your Podfile and replace "x.y.z" with the latest version.
pod "youtube-ios-player-helper", "~> x.y.z"
After installing in your project and opening the workspace, to use the library:
- Drag a UIView the desired size of your player onto your Storyboard.
- Change the UIView's class in the Identity Inspector tab to YTPlayerView
- Import "YTPlayerView.h" in your ViewController.
- Add the following property to your ViewController's header file:
@property(nonatomic, strong) IBOutlet YTPlayerView *playerView;
- Load the video into the player in your controller's code with the following code:
- Run your code!
See the sample project for more advanced uses, including passing additional player parameters and working with callbacks via YTPlayerViewDelegate.
- Ikai Lan
- Ibrahim Ulukaya
- Yoshifumi Yamaguchi
YouTube-Player-iOS-Helper is available under the Apache 2.0 license. See the LICENSE file for more info.