Sound Silencer Program
- Sound Silencer is a simple python program designed to silence all background noises on keystroke, so that you can peacefully talk on your microphone.
- Once you launch the program, you will be required to set a keyboard key to be the default 'silencing' key' or the key that will be used to toggle your computer's sound. Once you set the key, launch the sound silencing script.
Making it Executable
Those who wish to download an executable, I have provided the EXE in the repository, just look up top. Those who wish to compile the code to an EXE themselves, look below.
- Download and install the dependencies: Python, PyInstaller, PyWin32, and wxPython if you have not already installed it.
- After you downloaded and installed the previous packages, run the following command in your python terminal:
python pyinstaller/utils/Makespec.py --onefile --noconsole sound_silencer.py
- This will generate a 'spec' file, which you will now use with Build.py to compile an .EXE:
python pyinstaller/utils/Build.py pyinstaller\pyinstaller.spec
- Running the previous command will create a single file executable which you can place on a computer that does or even does not have python installed.