Changes in 0.25.0
- Add support for makara_postgis adapter. Thanks to @chadwilken via #527.
- Skip validating presence of belongs_to associations. Thanks to @Sohair63, @naiyt, @jkowens via #528.
- Add missing require for ActiveSupport.on_load. Thanks to @onk via #529.
- Support setting attribute values in before_validation callbacks. Thanks to @SirRawlins, @jkowens via #531.
- Ignore virtual columns. Thanks to @dbourguignon, @jkowens via #530.
Changes in 0.24.0
- Use the association primary key when importing. Thanks to @dpogue via #512.
- Allow association ids to be updated. Thanks to @Aristat via #515.
Changes in 0.23.0
bulk_importand alias to
import. Thanks to @itay-grudev, @jkowens via #498.
- Increment lock_version on duplicate key update. Thanks to @aimerald via #500.
- Fix import_without_validations_or_callbacks exception if array is empty. Thanks to @doloopwhile via #508.
Changes in 0.22.0
- Add support for importing hashes thru a has many association. Thanks to @jkowens via #483.
- Fix validation logic for recursive import. For those on Rails 5.0 and 5.1,
this change requires models with polymorphic associations to specify the
inverse_ofargument (See issue #495). Thanks to @eric-simonton-sama, @jkowens via #489.
Changes in 0.21.0
- Allow SQL subqueries (objects that respond to .to_sql) to be passed as values. Thanks to @jalada, @jkowens via #471
- Raise an ArgumentError when importing an array of hashes if any of the hash objects have different keys. Thanks to @mbell697 via #465.
- Fix issue loading incorrect foreign key value when syncing belongs_to associations with custom foreign key columns. Thanks to @marcgreenstock, @jkowens via #470.
- Fix issue importing models with polymorphic belongs_to associations. Thanks to @zorab47, @jkowens via #476.
- Fix issue importing STI models with ActiveRecord 4.0. Thanks to @kazuki-st, @jkowens via #478.
Changes in 0.20.2
- Unscope model when synchronizing with database. Thanks to @indigoviolet via #455.
Changes in 0.20.1
- Prevent :on_duplicate_key_update args from being modified. Thanks to @joshuamcginnis, @jkowens via #451.
Changes in 0.20.0
- Allow returning columns to be specified for PostgreSQL. Thanks to @tjwp via #433.
- Fixes an issue when bypassing uniqueness validators. Thanks to @vmaxv via #444.
- For AR < 4.2, prevent type casting for binary columns on Postgresql. Thanks to @mwalsher via #446.
- Fix issue logging class name on import. Thanks to @sophylee, @jkowens via #447.
- Copy belongs_to association id to foreign key column before importing. Thanks to @jkowens via #448.
- Reset model instance on validate. Thanks to @vmaxv via #449.
Changes in 0.19.1
- Fix a regression where models weren't properly being marked clean. Thanks to @tjwp via #434.
- Raise ActiveRecord::Import::ValueSetTooLargeError when a record being inserted exceeds the
max_allowed_packetfor MySQL. Thanks to @saizai, @jkowens via #437.
- Fix issue concatenating column names array with primary key. Thanks to @keeguon via #440.
Changes in 0.19.0
- For PostgreSQL, add option to set WHERE condition in conflict_action. Thanks to @Saidbek via #423.
- Fix issue importing saved records with serialized fields. Thanks to @Andreis13, @jkowens via #425.
- Fix issue importing records that have columns defined with default values that are functions or expressions. Thanks to @Andreis13, @jkowens via #428.
Changes in 0.18.3
- Set models new_record attribute to false when importing with :on_duplicate_key_ignore. Thanks to @nijikon, @jkowens via #416.
Changes in 0.18.2
- Enable custom validate callbacks when validating import. Thanks to @afn via #410.
- Prevent wrong IDs being set on models when using :on_duplicate_key_ignore. Thanks to @afn, @jkowens via #412.
Changes in 0.18.1
- Fix to enable validation callbacks (before_validation, after_validation). Thanks to @sinsoku, @jkowens via #406.
Changes in 0.18.0
- Uniqueness validation is bypassed when validating models since it cannot be guaranteed if there are duplicates in a batch. Thanks to @jkowens via #301.
- Allow for custom timestamp columns. Thanks to @mojidabckuu, @jkowens via #401.
- Fix ActiveRecord 5 issue coercing boolean values when serializing for the database. Thanks to @rjrobinson, @jkowens via #403.
Changes in 0.17.2
- Fix issue where PostgreSQL cannot recognize columns if names include mixed case characters. Thanks to @hugobgranja via #379.
- Fix an issue for ActiveRecord 5 where serialized fields with default values were not being typecast. Thanks to @whistlerbrk, @jkowens via #386.
- Add option :force_single_insert for MySQL to make sure a single insert is attempted instead of performing multiple inserts based on max_allowed_packet. Thanks to @mtparet via #387.
Changes in 0.17.1
- Along with setting id on models for adapters that support it, add created_at and updated_at timestamps. Thanks to @jacob-carlborg via #364.
- Properly set returned ids when using composite_primary_keys. Thanks to @guigs, @jkowens via #371.
Changes in 0.17.0
- Add support for composite_primary_keys gem. Thanks to @jkowens via #350.
- Add support for importing an array of hashes. Thanks to @jkowens via #352.
- Add JDBC SQLite3 support. Thanks to @jkowens via #356.
- Remove support for SQLite recursive imports. See #351.
- Improve import speed for Rails 5. Thanks to @ranchodeluxe, @jkowens via #359.
Changes in 0.16.2
- Fixes issue clearing query cache on wrong connection when using multiple databases. Thanks to @KentoMoriwaki via #337
- Raises an ArgumentError on incorrect usage of nested arrays. Thanks to @Nitrodist via #340
- Fixes issue that prevented uuid primary keys from being set manually. Thanks to @Dclusin-og, @jkowens via #342
Changes in 0.16.1
- Fixes issue with missing error messages on failed instances when importing using arrays of columns and values. Thanks to @Fivell via #332
- Update so SQLite only return ids if table has a primary key field via #333
Changes in 0.16.0
- Add partial index upsert support for PostgreSQL. Thanks to @luislew via #305
- Add UUID primary key support for PostgreSQL. Thanks to @jkowens via #312
- Add store accessor support for JSON, JSON, and HSTORE data types. Thanks to @jkowens via #322
- Log warning if database does not support :on_duplicate_key_update. Thanks to @jkowens via #324
- Add option :on_duplicate_key_ignore for MySQL and SQLite. Thanks to @jkowens via #326
- Fixes issue with recursive import using same primary key for all models. Thanks to @chopraanmol1 via #309
- Fixes issue importing from STI subclass with polymorphic associations. Thanks to @JNajera via #314
- Fixes issue setting returned IDs to wrong models when some fail validation. Also fixes issue with SQLite returning wrong IDs. Thanks to @mizukami234 via #315
Changes in 0.15.0
- An ArgumentError is now raised if when no
conflict_nameis provided or can be determined when using the
on_duplicate_key_updateoption for PostgreSQL. Thanks to @jkowens via #290
- Support for Rails 5.0 final release for all except the JDBC driver which is not yet updated to support Rails 5.0
- activerecord-import no longer modifies a value array inside of the given values array when called with
import(columns, values). Thanks to @jkowens via #291
raise_erroris used to raise errors for ActiveRecord 5.0. Thanks to @couragecourag via #294
Changes in 0.14.1
- JRuby/JDBCDriver with PostgreSQL will no longer raise a JDBCDriver error when using the :no_returning boolean option. Thanks to @jkowens via #287
Changes in 0.14.0
- Support for ActiveRecord 3.1 has been dropped. Thanks to @sferik via #254
- SQLite3 has learned the :recursive option. Thanks to @jkowens via #281
- :on_duplicate_key_ignore will be ignored when imports are being done with :recursive. Thanks to @jkowens via #268
- :activerecord-import learned how to tell PostgreSQL to return no data back from the import via the :no_returning boolean option. Thanks to @makaroni4 via #276
- Polymorphic associations will not import the :type column. Thanks to @seanlinsley via #282 and #283
- ~2X speed increase for importing models with validations. Thanks to @jkowens via #266
- Benchmark HTML report has been fixed. Thanks to @jkowens via #264
- seamless_database_pool has been updated to work with AR 5.0. Thanks to @jkowens via #280
- Code cleanup, removal of redundant condition checks. Thanks to @pavlik4k via #273
- Code cleanup, removal of deprecated
alias_method_chain. Thanks to @codeodor via #271
Changes in 0.13.0
Addition of :batch_size option to control the number of rows to insert per INSERT statement. The default is the total number of records being inserted so there is a single INSERT statement. Thanks to @jkowens via #245
import!which will raise an exception if a validation occurs. It will fail fast. Thanks to @jkowens via #246
- Fixing issue with recursive import when utilizing the
on_duplicate_key_updateonly applies to parent models at this time. Thanks to @yuri-karpovich for reporting and @jkowens for fixing via #249
- Refactoring of fetching and assigning attributes. Thanks to @jkownes via #259
- Lots of code cleanup and addition of Rubocop linter. Thanks to @sferik via #256 and #250
- Resolving errors with the test suite when running against ActiveRecord 4.0 and 4.1. Thanks to @jkowens via #262
- Cleaning up the TravisCI settings and packages. Thanks to @sferik via #258 and #251
Changes in 0.12.0
- PostgreSQL UPSERT support has been added. Thanks @jkowens via #218
- has_one and has_many associations will now be recursively imported regardless of :autosave being set. Thanks @sferik, @jkowens via #243, #234
- Fixing an issue with enum column support for Rails > 4.1. Thanks @aquajach via #235
- Support for em-synchrony has been removed since it appears the project has been abandoned. Thanks @sferik, @zdennis via #239
- Support for the mysql gem/adapter has been removed since it has officially been abandoned. Use the mysql2 gem/adapter instead. Thanks @sferik, @zdennis via #239
- Cleaned up TravisCI output and removing deprecation warnings. Thanks @jkowens, @zdennis #242
Changes before 0.12.0
Never look back. What's gone is now history. But in the process make memory of events to help you understand what will help you to make your dream a true story. Mistakes of the past are lessons, success of the past is inspiration. – Dr. Anil Kr Sinha