Allows players to solve multilingual crosswords that are randomly generated with WordNet.
- The dictionary data used to generate the crosswords are from the Open Multilingual Wordnet.
- The original Python Crossword Puzzle Generator was created by Bryan Helmig and released under the BSD 2-Clause License.
- Download wn-multi.db and wnall.db, then copy them over to replace the empty placeholder files with the same name in
- Download wn-ocal.zip, then place it in the
- Ensure OCAL_IS_ZIPPED is set to True in
flaskapp.cfg, or you can set it to False and unzip wn-ocal.zip in place (
wn-ocalfolder as subfolder of
To run locally
Run with Flask's built-in dev server by running
python flaskapp.py at folder root
To deploy to OpenShift
Upload big files in
staticb to OpenShift Online v3
- create an ebs persistent volume with RWO access mode under storage
- link to it with
Add Storageunder your deployment configuration and mount it to
- set your
OPENSHIFT_DATA_DIRenvironment variable as
command prompt / terminal
- login to the openshift cli
- cd to your local repo folder
oc rsync staticb <deployment pod name>:/data