If you have bower installed, you can add the pixel-sprite-generator to your project using the following command.
bower install pixel-sprite-generator
If you have npm installed, you can add the pixel-sprite-generator to your project using the following command.
npm install pixel-sprite-generator
- Dart pixel-sprite-generator port by tobbel
- Haxe pixel-sprite-generator port by Zielak
- C# pixel-sprite-generator port by BenMcLean
- libGDX pixel-sprite-generator port by BenMcLean
- Unity3d pixel-sprite-generator port by Shogan
- Node.js pixel-sprite-generator port by blipn
- Node.js/Browser pixel-sprite-generator port by seiyria
- Rust sprite-gen port (with editor) by tversteeg
The sprites are generated by using a two dimensional mask. The values in the mask are then randomized and mirrored. The resulting template is rendered to a canvas element.
The algorithm is explained in more detail on Dave Bollinger's website.