Federama Development Roadmap
This is a very rough roadmap, but these will be the likely milestones for each release in the near future. Items will be added or changed as development progresses.
- ✓ front page
- ✓ header
- ✓ footer
- ✓ dashboard
- ✓ login
- ✓ registration
- ✓ easy to install
- ✓ can create posts
- ✓ can display posts on front page
- ✓ Admin can do basic site configuration
- ✓ Users can modify their profiles and change passwords
- ✓ Posts can be edited or deleted.
- ✓ Pages can be created, edited, and deleted.
- ✓ Messages can be created and sent to users on the same instance
- ✓ Nodeinfo
- ✓ RSS and Atom feeds for site and for users.
- ✓ Federama logo in appropriate spots.
- ✓ the-user.php, the-post.php, the-page.php, the-message.php, the-statistics.php
- Target date: late October 2019
- ✓ Users can have avatars
- Users can follow other users on the same instance
- ✓ Images can be used in posts, pages, and messages
- User messages to and from other Federama instances
- Testing instances at federama.social and amore.social
- Pretty URLs with Apache and nginx
- Users can like, dislike, or flag messages on the same instance
- Admins and mods can delete messages on the same instance
- Add icons for desktop, iOS, and Android devices
- Target date: late December 2019
- Content warnings for messages, posts, pages, audio, video, and images
- Single image, single audio, and single video post types
- Theme engine/template engine
- Users can contact people in other ActivityPub instances (Mastodon, Pleroma, Misskey, Pixelfed, PeerTube, etc)
- Users can follow other users on other Federama instances
- Users can comment on posts, pages, and messages on the same instance.
- Implement OpenID or some other authentication mechanism
- Admins can whitelist and blacklist other ActivityPub instances
- Admins can create, edit, delete, suspend, and ban users
- Users can block or mute other users
- ✓ Nice editor for pages, posts, and audio, image, and video posts.
- Added Summernote for pages and posts in v0.3, but am leaving it off of messages because they can't use fancy formatting stuff.
- Categories and tags for posts, and audio, image, and video posts.
- Parent/child for pages
- Update engine
- Users can export and delete their profiles.
- Feature freeze
- Create l10n templates
- Default locale is en-US
- Full English language documentation for users, admins, and developers.
- Collect bugs and triage based on severity.
- Publish roadmap to Federama 2.0.