AMWA IS-08 NMOS Audio Channel Mapping Specification
What does it do?
- Allows channel-level operations within NMOS environments
- For example: muting channels, swapping languages…
Why does it matter?
- Provides expected functionality for typical production/broadcast operations
- Extends usefulness of IS-05 and other NMOS specs.
How does it work?
- Controller gets channel information from sending Node
- …and sends mapping information to the receiving Node
- Can also do sender-side mapping
There is more information about the NMOS Specifications and their GitHub repos at https://specs.amwa.tv/nmos.