A deep and colourful generative 3D AV project.
- Infinite 3D space
- Infinite number of planet-like dynamic objects
- Single screen for interface and output
What you need
- The most recent version of openFrameworks, download here: https://github.com/openframeworks/openFrameworks/archive/master.zip
- Max 7, download trial here: https://cycling74.com/products/max/
- FTM library for Max 7, download here: http://ftm.ircam.fr/index.php/Download
- Unzip openFrameworks to a convenient place in your system
- Clone this repository to
apps/myApps/EsoterionUniverse/inside openFrameworks folder
- Download sound source from http://wirelesscowboy.org/esoterionuniverse/balayage444.wav and place in
- Install Max 7
- Install FTM library: if needed add it manually to
Max 7/Packagesfolder inside your user's
max/MainPatch.maxpatin Max 7, when loaded click Audio On/Off (beware of a glitch first time)
- Open and run XCode project
- Add an object with
akey and try changing the parameters
- If there`s no sound, first turn volume up, then click Audio On/Off twice in Max patch
- Show instructions with
- Play around and have fun
Due to either a compabitility issue between poly~ and gbr.ola objects, or cpu consumption issues between video/osc/synthesis on the same computer, the granular synthesis is affected by glitches. A new version should see these problems solved hopefully.
This software is provided here on an “as is” basis, without warranty of any kind, either expressed, implied, or statutory, including, without limitation, warranties that it is free of defects, merchantable, fit for a particular purpose or non-infringing. The entire risk as to the quality and performance of the software is with you.