Creates a simple PLM-ALM integration using GitLab as ALM. The goal is to provide an integration which will allow the project managers to capture a specific tag/release/version in a product structure, controlled with the CMII change management process. It leaves the developper the possibility to mainly work with GitLab which could be their preferred data management environment.
How it works
With this project, Aras has a few federated object which are querying Gitlab through its REST webservice interface.
Built Using: Aras 11.0 SP9 Browsers Tested: Firefox 38 ESR, Chrome
Though built and tested using Aras 11.0 SP9, this project should function in older releases of Aras 11.0 and Aras 10.0.
Always back up your code tree and database before applying an import package or code tree patch!
- Aras Innovator installed (version 11.0 SPx preferred)
- Aras Package Import tool
- Backup your database and store the BAK file in a safe place.
- Open up the Aras Package Import tool.
- Enter your login credentials and click Login
- Note: You must login as root for the package import to succeed!
- Enter the package name in the TargetRelease field.
- Optional: Enter a description in the Description field.
- Enter the path to your local
..\PLM-ALM-with-GitLab\Import\imports.mffile in the Manifest File field.
- Select aras.labs.plmalmwithgitlab in the Available for Import field.
- Select Type = Merge and Mode = Thorough Mode.
- Click Import in the top left corner.
- Close the Aras Package Import tool.
..\PLM-ALM-with-GitLab\Innovatorin your install folder. WARNING The method-config.xml file has been modified. If you have made some changes yourself make sure to do a merge (using tools like winmerge for example)
- _Note: by default c:/Program Files/Aras/Innovator/
- Edit the following variables with connection information for you GitLab platform.
you will find this information in your gitlab instance
this is your gitlab instance URL
You are now ready to login to Aras and try out PLM-ALM-with-GitLab
Log in to Aras as admin.
Navigate to Administration/Respositories in the table of contents (TOC).
Click the create new button
Edit the repository name with the name of an existing repository
Save close and exit
List the repositories
- Fork it!
- Create your feature branch:
git checkout -b my-new-feature
- Commit your changes:
git commit -am 'Add some feature'
- Push to the branch:
git push origin my-new-feature
- Submit a pull request
For more information on contributing to this project, another Aras Labs project, or any Aras Community project, shoot us an email at email@example.com.
Original Aras community project written by Yoann Maingon at Aras Corp.
Documented and published by Yoann Maingon at Aras Labs. @YoannArasLab
Aras Labs projects are published to Github under the MIT license. See the LICENSE file for license rights and limitations.