Samples in various languages for using Text-to-Speech.
Azure Cognitive TTS Samples
Microsoft Text to speech service now is officially supported by Speech SDK now. It is recommended way to use TTS in your service or apps. It supports both REST and Websocket connection to the service. This repo still contains sample in various languages for using Text-to-Speech. We will also support the common development questions using the issues tracker.
Recommend to run the CSharp example first which is always kept up to date.
Azure Cognitive TTS Blog and News
Here lists the Azure Cognitive TTS product blog, customer stories and Microsoft TTS research news etc.
- 2021.03 Eleven more languages are generally available for Azure Neural Text-to-Speech
- 2021.02 Are you talking to me? Azure AI brings iconic characters to life with Custom Neural Voice
- 2021.02 Build a natural custom voice for your brand
- 2021.01 Unified Neural Text Analyzer: an innovation to improve Neural TTS pronunciation accuracy
- 2020.12 国际残疾人日：微软正式捐赠首批人工智能有声内容，包括鲁迅、老舍、萧红、朱自清等作家的经典作品
- 2020.12 FastSpeech 2: Fast and High-Quality End-to-End Text to Speech
- 2020.12 Azure Neural Text-to-Speech updates: 51 new voices added to the portfolio
- 2020.11 BBC innovates how it delivers trusted news and entertainment with Azure AI
- 2020.11 Neural Text-to-Speech previews five new languages with innovative models in the low-resource setting
- 2020.10 Azure Neural TTS upgraded with HiFiNet, achieving higher audio fidelity and faster synthesis speed
- 2020.09 Swisscom uses Azure Custom Neural Voice to drive innovation, market leadership with multilingual voice assistant
- 2020.09 Ignite 2020 Neural TTS updates: new language support, more voices and flexible deployment options
- 2020.08 Improve remote learning with speech-enabled apps powered by Azure Cognitive Service
- 2020.07 Neural Text to Speech extends support to 15 more languages with state-of-the-art AI quality
- 2020.06 微软上线语音测评服务，赋能语言学习的教和学
- 2020.05 BBC ships voice assistant with custom neural voice
- 2020.05 Neural TTS is extending support to 11 new locales with 15 new voices
- 2020.05 Making the web more accessible and inclusive for all with Microsoft Edge, talking about Edge read aloud
- 2020.04 Finetune neural text-to-speech output with advanced customization features
- 2020.04 Read Aloud in Word on iOS
- 2020.04 看过很多景色，你还没“见过”声音里的世界：周迅语音为你读书
- 2020.04 Blog: Introducing new voice styles in Azure Cognitive Services
- 2020.04 Microsoft Edge is becoming the browser you didn’t know you needed, talking about natural voices | Demo
- 2020.03 Blog: Cognitive Services adds Brazilian Portuguese to Neural Text to Speech
- 2020.03 科技宝藏 | 微软听听文档，AI语音全线升级！
- 2020.02 Versão final da Bixby falando em português é liberada! Vem saber tudo! | Demo
- 2019.12 NeurIPS 2019: FastSpeech: New text-to-speech model improves on speed, accuracy, and controllability
- 2019.11 Blog: Play My Emails in Outlook and get time back in your day | Demo
- 2019.11 Delivering the benefits of Custom Neural Voice
- 2019.11 Azure custom neural voice public preview | Demo
- 2019.10 Microsoft breaks new ground with AI neural TTS and life-size holograms | Demo
- 2019.10 微软“晓晓”让温暖的声音浸润心目图书馆 | AI for Good
- 2019.09 让电脑说人话 | 数字化转型 ING
- 2019.08 Blog: Bringing cloud powered voices to Microsoft Edge Insiders
- 2019.06 Blog: Inclusive Classroom round up for Microsoft Education at ISTE 2019
- 2019.05 Blog: Azure Neural text-to-speech generally available
- 2019.05 ICML 2019 | 微软提出极低资源下语音合成与识别新方法，小语种也不怕没数据了
- 2019.03 Microsoft Word reads to you: How to use the Speak and Read Aloud commands
- 2019.03 Blog: Bing delivers text-to-speech and greater coverage of intelligent answers and visual search | Demo
- 2019.02 王源版小米小爱语音，微软Azure是背后功臣 | Demo
- 2019.01 AAAI 2019: Neural Speech Synthesis with Transformer Network
- 2018.12 Blog: Microsoft previews neural network text-to-speech
- 2018.09 Blog: Microsoft’s new neural text-to-speech service helps machines speak like people
Azure Cognitive TTS Common Links
We welcome contributions. Feel free to file issues and pull requests on the repo and we'll address them as we can. Learn more about how you can help on our Contribution Rules & Guidelines.
You can reach out to us anytime with questions and suggestions using our communities below:
All Microsoft Cognitive Services SDKs and samples are licensed with the MIT License. For more details, see LICENSE.
Sample images are licensed separately, please refer to LICENSE-IMAGE.
Developer Code of Conduct
Developers using Cognitive Services, including this client library & sample, are expected to follow the “Developer Code of Conduct for Microsoft Cognitive Services”, found at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=698895.