Microsoft Azure SDK for Python
This project provides a set of Python packages that make it easy to access the Microsoft Azure components such as ServiceManagement, Storage*, and ServiceBus.
The SDK supports Python 2.7, 3.3, 3.4 and 3.5.
*Looking for the Azure Storage client library? It moved to a new GitHub repository.
See important information if you're currently using this SDK < 1.0 in this issue.
The latest recommended release is currently a release candidate, tell this to pip to install it!
The azure bundle meta-package will install all Azure SDKs at once:
- Use the
pip install --pre azure
- Specify the version:
pip install azure==2.0.0rc6
You can also install only what you exactly need:
- Use the
pip install --pre azure-mgmt-compute
- Specify the version:
pip install azure-mgmt-compute==0.30.0rc6
If you want to install
azure from source:
git clone git://github.com/Azure/azure-sdk-for-python.git cd azure-sdk-for-python python setup.py install
This is a release candidate. However, the core packages, from code quality/completeness perspectives can at this time be considered "stable" - it will be officially labeled as such in September (in sync with other languages).
We are not planning on any further major changes until then.
The following packages are still labeled "preview" but can be considered "stable":
- azure-mgmt-resource 0.31.0
- azure-mgmt-compute 0.32.0
- azure-mgmt-network 0.30.0
- azure-mgmt-storage 0.30.0rc6
- azure-mgmt-keyvault 0.30.0
The following packages are already released as "stable" and are officially production ready:
- azure-batch 1.1.0
- azure-mgmt-batch 2.0.0
- azure-mgmt-devtestlabs 1.0.0
- azure-mgmt-logic 1.0.0
- azure-mgmt-redis 2.0.0
- azure-mgmt-scheduler 1.0.0
- azure-mgmt-servermanager 1.0.0
- azure-servicebus 0.20.3
- azure-servicemanagement-legacy 0.20.5
- azure-storage 0.33.0
The following packages are also available as preview only, not ready for production, and will NOT be installed with the 2.0.0rc6 "azure" meta-package. We removed then from the 2.0.0rc6 to prepare our customers to the 2.0.0 stable release that will only contains the stable packages listed before.
- azure-graphrbac 0.30.0rc6
- azure-monitor 0.1.0
- azure-mgmt-authorization 0.30.0rc6
- azure-mgmt-cdn 0.30.0rc6
- azure-mgmt-cognitiveservices 0.30.0rc6
- azure-mgmt-containerregistry 0.1.0
- azure-mgmt-datalake-analytics 0.1.0
- azure-mgmt-datalake-store 0.1.0
- azure-mgmt-commerce 0.30.0rc6
- azure-mgmt-eventhub 0.1.0
- azure-mgmt-dns 0.30.0rc6
- azure-mgmt-iothub 0.1.0
- azure-mgmt-media 0.1.0
- azure-mgmt-notificationhubs 0.30.0
- azure-mgmt-powerbiembedded 0.30.0rc6
- azure-mgmt-servicebus 0.1.0
- azure-mgmt-sql 0.1.0
- azure-mgmt-trafficmanager 0.30.0rc6
- azure-mgmt-web 0.30.1
For detailed documentation, please view our documentation on ReadTheDocs.
For further examples please visit the Microsoft Azure Python Developer Center.
Be sure to check out the Microsoft Azure Developer Forums on Stack Overflow if you have trouble with the provided code.
Contribute Code or Provide Feedback
If you would like to become an active contributor to this project please follow the instructions provided in Microsoft Azure Projects Contribution Guidelines.
If you encounter any bugs with the library please file an issue in the Issues section of the project.