🌀 ⚡Gravity Forms + Recurly (Gravity Forms Add-on) ⚡ 🌀
Gravity Forms + Recurly payment add-on
What is this?
This is a Gravity Forms Add-on allowing you to interact with the Recurly subscription billing management platform, created with the GFPaymentAddOn class as an internal project for Backlinko, where I am the CTO. This is for WordPress websites.
What can it do?
- Create a Recurly plan from a subscription: Integrated with the Gravity Forms User Registration Add-on, allowing WP user account creation on successful payment, and storing relevant Recurly account data with the WordPress user
- Create a one-off Recurly payment: Integrated with the Gravity Forms User Registration Add-on, allowing WP user account creation on successful payment, and storing relevant Recurly account data with the WordPress user
- Update Recurly billing/account/address information: Integrated with the Gravity Forms User Registration Add-on
- Update Recurly subscription: Allow user to change their Recurly subscription; the result of which is then stored/updated as user meta
How can I use this?
- Make sure you have Gravity Forms installed. This Add-on will not work without it.
- Make sure that you have a Recurly account (Live or Sandbox).
- After activating this Add-on, in the WordPress Dashboard, go to
Forms > Settings > Recurly, and enter your Recurly subdomain and Recurly API key. Click Update Settings.
- For a particular Gravity Form, make sure you have at least a Credit Card field and an Address field. Certain Recurly actions, such as Create Recurly Plan From Subscription, require additional fields. These can be viewed under
Forms > <form> > Settings > Recurly.
- After required fields are linked-up via
Forms > <form> > Settings > Recurly, save, and it should be good to go.
Why doesn't X work?
- That feature may not be finished yet.
- There may be an error. Please help fix it :)
No, this Add-on does not use RecurlyJS right now. I'd like to, but because of an issue, relating to the constraints of Gravity Forms' fields, I can't.
- Implement listener for Recurly webhooks (ie, to suspend a WP user account for non-payment, etc.)
- Neaten up returned Recurly data that's saved in the
gf_recurlydatabase table / standardise it / store it in a useful and meaningful way
- Allow storage of users' cards' last four digits (I believe only one payment method can be stored at a time for Recurly user accounts)
- Naomi Bush of GravityPlus: Some user account sign-in code in the
GFRecurly_Utilsclass, and some database transaction code in the
GFRecurly_Datainspired by code found in her
Gravity Forms + Stripeand
Gravity Forms + (More) Stripeplugins