Welcome to Beam
BEAM is a next generation scalable, confidential cryptocurrency based on an elegant and innovative Mimblewimble protocol.
Beam is going to perform its second planned hard fork on block 777,777 (approx. 28th of June 2020)
PLEASE MAKE SURE TO UPDATE YOUR NODES AND WALLETS before that date.
Download latest version Eager Electron 5.0
JOIN OUR COMMUNITIES ON TELEGRAM
Read the Contribution Guide
Get Beam binaries here: http://beam.mw/downloads
If you build from source please use 'mainnet' branch\
Latest documentation is here: https://documentation.beam.mw
BUILD FROM SOURCE
Things that make BEAM special include:
- Users have complete control over privacy - a user decides which information will be available and to which parties, having complete control over his personal data in accordance to his will and applicable laws.
- Confidentiality without penalty - in BEAM confidential transactions do not cause bloating of the blockchain, avoiding excessive computational overhead or penalty on performance or scalability while completely concealing the transaction value.
- No trusted setup required
- Blocks are mined using Equihash Proof-of-Work algorithm.
- Limited emission using periodic halving.
- No addresses are stored in the blockchain - no information whatsoever about either the sender or the receiver of a transaction is stored in the blockchain.
- Superior scalability through compact blockchain size - using the “cut-through” feature of Mimblewimble makes the BEAM blockchain orders of magnitude smaller than any other blockchain implementation.
- BEAM supports many transaction types such as escrow transactions, time locked transactions, atomic swaps and more.
- No premine. No ICO. Backed by a treasury, emitted from every block during the first five years.
- Implemented from scratch in C++.
See Beam Roadmap for 2020 on https://beam.mw
Here is the list of Beam related projects created by our community members but NOT tested by Beam Team
- Beam Pay - a payment processor that allows for easy integration with your online store
- Beam Wallet Java API - A Java library for the Beam cryptocurrency Wallet API.
Current development status
Mainnet(January 3rd 2019)
- Fully functional wallet with key generator and storage supporting secure and confidential online transactions.
- Full node with both transaction and block validation and full UTXO state management.
- Equihash miner with periodic mining difficulty adjustment.
- Batch Bulletproofs, the efficient non-interactive zero knowledge range proofs now in batch mode
- Graphical Wallet Application for Linux, Mac and Windows platforms
- Offline transactions using Secure BBS system
- ChainWork - sublinear blockchain validation, based on FlyClient idea by Loi Luu, Benedikt Bünz, Mahdi Zamani
- Compact history using cut through
Agile Atom (February 2019)
- Payment and Exchange APIs
- Mining Pool APIs
- Lightning Network position paper
Bright Boson 2.0 (March 2019)
- Payment proof
- Ultra fast sync
- Android Mobile wallet
Clear Cathode 3.0 (July 2019)
- PoW change (BeamHash II)
- Atomic Swaps CLI support
- Relative Time Locks and Laser Beam support
Double Doppler 4.0 (December 2019)
- Atomic Swaps desktop wallet support
- Sync mechanism improvements
Eager Electron 5.0 (May 2020)
- Confidential Assets
- One side payments
- UTXO Unlinking using Lelantus MW