BEAM is a next generation scalable, confidential cryptocurrency based on an elegant and innovative Mimblewimble protocol.
MAINNET IS LAUNCHED!
If you build from source please use 'mainnet' branch
Latest docs are here: https://beam-docs.readthedocs.io/en/latest/index.html
Things that make BEAM special include:
- Users have complete control over privacy - a user decides which information will be available and to which parties, having complete control over his personal data in accordance to his will and applicable laws.
- Confidentiality without penalty - in BEAM confidential transactions do not cause bloating of the blockchain, avoiding excessive computational overhead or penalty on performance or scalability while completely concealing the transaction value.
- No trusted setup required
- Blocks are mined using Equihash Proof-of-Work algorithm.
- Limited emission using periodic halving.
- No addresses are stored in the blockchain - no information whatsoever about either the sender or the receiver of a transaction is stored in the blockchain.
- Superior scalability through compact blockchain size - using the “cut-through” feature of Mimblewimble makes the BEAM blockchain orders of magnitude smaller than any other blockchain implementation.
- BEAM supports many transaction types such as escrow transactions, time locked transactions, atomic swaps and more.
- No premine. No ICO. Backed by a treasury, emitted from every block during the first five years.
- Implemented from scratch in C++.
- March 2018 : Project started
- June 2018 : Internal POC featuring fully functional node and CLI wallet
- September 2018 : Testnet 1 and Desktop Wallet App (Windows, Mac, Linux)
- December 2018 : Mainnet launch
- Fully functional wallet with key generator and storage supporting secure and confidential online transactions.
- Full node with both transaction and block validation and full UTXO state management.
- Equihash miner with periodic mining difficulty adjustment.
- Batch Bulletproofs, the efficient non-interactive zero knowledge range proofs now in batch mode
- Graphical Wallet Application for Linux, Mac and Windows platforms
- Offline transactions using Secure BBS system
- ChainWork - sublinear blockchain validation, based on FlyClient idea by Loi Luu, Benedikt Bünz, Mahdi Zamani
- Compact history using cut through
See How to build