Starling GAF Player
What is Starling GAF Player?
Starling GAF Player is an ActionScript 3 library that allows developer easily to play back animations in GAF format using Starling framework.
What is GAF?
GAF is a solution that allows porting animations created in Flash Pro into an open format GAF and play back them in different popular frameworks, such as Starling, Unity3d, Cocos2d-x and other. More info...
What are the main features of GAF?
- Designed as “What you see in Flash is what you get in GAF”;
- Doesn’t require additional technical knowledge from animators, designers and artists;
- Allows to port existing Flash Animations without special preparation before porting;
- Supports 99% of what can be created in Flash Pro;
- Small size due to storing only unique parts of the animation in a texture atlas and a highly compressed binary config file describing object positions and transformations;
- High performance due to numerous optimizations in conversion process and optimized playback libraries;
What are the integral parts of GAF?
What is SWF to GAF Converter?
GAF Converter is a tool for conversion animations from the SWF files into the GAF format. It is available as standalone application GAF Converter, Unity GAF Converter and GAF Publisher for Flash Pro. More info…
What is GAF Format?
GAF stands for Generic Animation Format. It is an extended cut-out animation format. It was designed to store animations, converted from SWF format into open format, that can be played using any framework/technology on any platform. More info…
How do I create GAF animation?
Use Flash Pro to create an animation in a way that you familiar with. There is no restrictions on document structure. Then you have to convert your animation using Standalone GAF Converter.
What are the supported features of Flash Pro?
GAF Converter can convert 99% of what can be done in Flash Pro. Vector and Raster graphics; Classic, Motion, Shape and Path(Guide) Tweens; Masks; Filters and more…
How does the conversion work?
GAF Converter has two conversion modes: Plain and Nesting. Each mode is suited for certain tasks and has its own features. More info…
Where I can find examples of using GAF?
You can find several demo projects in demo directory here.
Requirements of Starling GAF Library:
- In order to compile Flash/AIR application you have to use AIR SDK 15 and higher;
- In order to run an application you need Flash Player/AIR Runtime 15.0.0 and higher;
- Starling 1.6 and higher;
- Feathers 2.0.1 and higher (used to display Text Fields)