CityBench is a java-based benchmarking toolset for RSP engines, currently CQELS and C-SPARQL are supported.
- JVM 1.7
- Webserver of your choice (JBoss,Tomcat etc.)
- Java IDE (for debugging and extensions)
##Folders & Files
- cqels_query: sample queries in CQELS syntax;
- csparql_query: sample queries in C-SPARQL syntax;
- dataset: background knowledge base, mostly sensor service repositories;
- ontology: ontologies used;
- result_log: output files generated by CityBench, e.g., query latency, result count and memory consumption;
- src:source code;
- lib: libraries used;
- streams: sensor observation raw data in .csv formats, used to generate RDF streams；
- EC-log: logger file output;
- citybench.properties: configuration file loaded by CityBench.
- Download all resources and source code
- Import to your Java IDE and run CityBench.java Or
- Use "java -jar" command to execute the CityBench.jar
- dataset = dataset/[your_sensor_repository_file] // tell CityBench where to look for static background knowledge.
- ontology = [your_ontology_folder] // tell CityBench where to look for ontologies used.
- streams = [your_streams_folder] // tell CityBench where to look for raw data to simulate sensor streams.
- cqels_query = [your_cqels_queries_folder] // tell CityBench where to look for cqels queries.
- csparql_query = [your_csparql_queries_folder] // tell CityBench where to look for csparql queries.
// All paths are relative path to the project root
// Normally if you use the downloaded resources as they are, you would not need to change the default content in the configuration file. The exception is the dataset property: you might want to change the default sensor repositories and use a different repository file (e.g., dataset/simrepo-5-10.n3) in order to test the performance of the cqels engine with different KB sizes loaded
##Program Parameters Acceptable params:
- rates = (double)x, // sensor stream acceleration rate (based on real world sensor observation intervals)
- queryDuplicates = (int)y, // number of duplicates to run concurrently
- duration = (long)z, // duration of the test in milliseconds
- startDate = (date in the format of "yyyy-MM-dd'T'HH:mm:ss")a, // start time of the sensor observations used
- endDate = b, // ending time of the sensor observations used
- frequency = (double)c. // fixed frequency for sensors, only has effects when rate=1.0
- engine = "cqels" or "csparql" // engine to test
- query = (String) q // file names of the queries to run (under cqels_query or csparql_query), separate with ","
engine, start and end dates are mandatory.
Notice for C-SPARQL tests
Some C-sparql queries needs loading static knowledge bases, those queries contains clauses like " FROM http://127.0.0.1:9000/WebGlCity/RDF/SensorRepository.rdf ".
To load such RDF files, deploy the rdf files under "dataset/csparql_web_server/" on your local web server and make sure they are accessible from the url specified in the clause (you can change the url according to your web server configuration).