=== Admin Command Palette === Contributors: gwelser, samueljmello, jhned Donate link: http://clarknikdelpowell.com/pay/ Tags: admin, search, navigation, actions, ux, admin search, admin navigation, admin actions Requires at least: 3.0.1 Tested up to: 4.7.4 Stable tag: 1.0.3 License: GPLv2 or later License URI: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html
Optimize WordPress admin navigation with a modal window to search for and navigate directly to WordPress admin pages.
== Description ==
The Admin Command Palette (ACP) is a modal window in the WordPress Admin that live searches admin content, which saves you many clicks and page loads. You can:
- Search for and navigate to user-generated content (Posts, Pages, Users, etc.).
- Search for and navigate to WordPress Admin Pages (All Posts, Add New Post, etc.).
- Perform WordPress Admin actions via the ACP or a keyboard shortcut (Publish, Add Media, View Post, etc.).
This plugin brings about a new level of efficiency to WordPress admin user interactions: it's like the difference between going over a mountain via a pass, versus going through a mountain via a tunnel. The tunnel is always more direct, more efficient, and more straightforward than the pass.
== Installation ==
- Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress.
- Use the keyboard shortcut "shift+shift" to activate the search modal window.
- See Frequently Asked Questions for further setup instructions.
== Frequently Asked Questions ==
= Settings =
You can customize the plugin settings on the Admin Command Palette settings page in the WordPress Admin. (Settings -> Admin Command Palette)
- Threshold (Default: .3): this determines how closely a search query must match in order to return an item as a result. 0.0 must be a perfect match, 1.0 will match anything.
- Max Results per Section (Default: 5): a max number of results per content type.
- Group Results by Type: Results can be displayed one of two ways. The default is to display results in a flat list, ordered by closest match. Selecting this option displays results grouped by their content type, e.g., all the posts, pages, tags, categories, etc. will be grouped under individual subheadings.
- Included Post Types (Default: none): Select post types from this checkbox group to include them in the search. All registered post types except for navigation menu items are included in this list.
- Included Taxonomies (Default: none): Select taxonomies from this checkbox group to include them in the search. All registered taxonomies are included in this list.
- Clear Content Cache: The data for this plugin is generated and loaded into the page from a cache that gets automatically cleared whenever new content is added. You can use this button to clear the cache manually.
= How does the search determine a match? =
The live search compares the search term against titles, e.g., a post title, an admin page title, or an admin action title, using the Fuse.js library to find results.
= Keyboard Shortcuts =
The ACP comes with some built-in keyboard shortcuts to make actions in the WordPress admin easier. You do not need to open the ACP in order to use the shortcuts.
- ␛ - Clear input focus
- ⇧+s - Primary button click
- ⇧+p - Preview
- ⇧+t - Trash
- ⇧+v - Open Post/Page in New Tab
- ⇧+n - Add New Post/Page
- ⇧+f - Set Featured Image
- → - Pagination: next page
- ← - Pagination: previous page
- ⇧+→ - Pagination: last page
- ⇧+← - Pagination: first page
== Screenshots ==
- The Admin Command Palette in action.
- The Admin Command Palette settings page.
== Upgrade Notice ==
= 1.0.3 = Tested up to 4.7.4
= 1.0.2 = Handled class name collision with Admin Columns Pro. Corrected documentation.
= 1.0.1 = Addressing spelling errors.
== Changelog ==
= 1.0.2 = Corrected documentation.
= 1.0.1 = Spelling fixes.
= 1.0 = Initial version.