Stockalike parts pack for Kerbal Space Program
What is this mod?
BDB adds parts. Lots of parts. Nearly 400 parts, including launchers, spacecraft, and probes, all in a stockalike style. The focus lies primarily on the US space program up through the Apollo program, though some modern parts exist. They are not perfect replicas, but rather take inspiration directly from existing designs. Care has been taken to research and include pieces for projects that were proposed but never happened, to increase the possibilities available to the player. Parts are made in a lego frame of mind, and screenshots of your unique franken creations are always appreciated! The mod is not recommended for new players, as the mod adds a good deal of clutter to the VAB lists. The mod also adds new standard sizes (such a 0.9375m, 1.5m and 1.875m diameter) of parts in order to more accurately scale to KSP.
Now, 400 parts sounds like it would kill your PC. While the mod certainly is large, the memory overhead is likely lower than you would expect. Care has been taken to ensure the mod is efficient, with methods such as enforcing a strict texel density (a technique I have only used since mid-2017, so the older assets might not be as efficient) and texture atlasing to cram several parts onto each texture sheet.
For those familiar with KSP mods, BDB can be considered a stockalike equivalent of FASA, and a US counterpart to Tantares' soviet rockets.
Currently, the mod includes (but is not limited to) parts to make:
- Mercury spacecraft (Courtesy of Bloeting Aerospace Corp)
- Gemini spacecraft (Courtesy of Trails Manufacturing Co.)
- Apollo Block I and II spacecraft, as featured in REAL LIFE!
- Apollo Block III, III+, IV, and V spacecraft, from Eyes Turned Skywards
- AARDV "Aardvark" autonomous resupply vehicle, also from Eyes
- Modular 1.875m station parts for Gemini-era space stations
- Skylab station parts
- Spacelab (from Eyes) station parts
- Vanguard rocket and probe
- Scout rocket
- Redstone rocket, with Sergeant clusters and Explorer 1
- Juno II, IV rockets
- Diamant rocket (All variants)
- Thor-Delta rocket (Almost all variants can be made)
- Delta 2 rocket (Including upper stage and a variety GEM SRBs)
- Atlas rocket (everything from Atlas A up through Atlas V 551)
- Agena upper stage (All variants)
- Vega (old Kerolox upper stage for Atlas)
- Centaur D, G, G', T, V upper stages
- Titan 1, 2, 3, 4 rockets, with SRMs and Transtage (No IUS yet!)
- Saturn 1, 1B, V
- Saturn 1C and Saturn Multibody from Eyes
- New probe cores
- New antennas and dishes
- New science experiments In total, nearly 400 parts!
Planned content includes massive Saturn rockets including unflown variants, launchers based on Atlas and Titan that never left the drawing board, and parts based on proposed projects for Gemini and Apollo.