A full-featured utility for managing Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL).
It would be greatly appreciated if you could make a donation to support development of this project.
Note: It's extremely difficult to withdraw from PayPal balance for a Chinese citizen like me, so if you want to donate 100$ or more, please either use Alipay or contact me via email for other donation options.
- Install any Linux distro to any directory on your computer.
- Move an existing installation to another directory.
- Duplicate(copy) an existing installation.
- Register an existing installation directory. This enables you to install to a USB stick and use it on different computers.
- Run arbitrary Linux commands in a specified installation.
- Configure default user, environment variables and various flags.
- Export configuration to an XML file and import from the file.
- Export an installation to a tar file.
You can install via Chocolatey
choco install lxrunoffline, Scoop
scoop bucket add extras,
scoop install lxrunoffline, or download the binaries directly:
- Latest releases: https://github.com/DDoSolitary/LxRunOffline/releases
- Development builds: https://ci.appveyor.com/project/DDoSolitary/lxrunoffline > choose the first job > ARTIFACTS
See the Wiki to download tar files for different distros, which are used by the
LxRunOffline install command.
LxRunOffline for available actions and run
LxRunOffline <action-name> for available arguments/flags.
Visual Studio 2017 and Windows SDK 10.0.17134 are required.
Install vcpkg and its VS integration (if you haven't) and install dependencies.
vcpkg install --triplet x64-windows libarchive boost-program-options boost-format tinyxml2
Then build with Visual Studio or MSBuild.
Open the "MSYS2 MinGW 64-bit" shell, and install necessary packages.
pacman -Sy --needed --noconfirm base-devel mingw-w64-x86_64-toolchain mingw-w64-x86_64-libarchive mingw-w64-x86_64-boost mingw-w64-x86_64-tinyxml2
- v1.x: Only Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (v1709) or earlier.
- v2.x: Only Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (v1709) or later.
- v3.x: Only Windows 10 April 2018 Update (v1803) or later.
It is strongly recommended to install the April 2018 Update and use v3.x releases.