Keypirinha Plugin: Cvt
A universal unit converter for the Keypirinha launcher
This plugin for Keypirinha provides unit conversions for the following measures:
- Fuel Consumption
- Data Size
To convert a number of certain unit type:
from-unit-name is typed, a list of units to convert to along with converted values is shown. At this point you can type a space (or any other non-alphanumeric character except /) and the target unit or select it from the list. Hit Enter to copy the converted value to the clipboard
To see a list of valid unit names for a given measure, type:
You don't need to remember the measure names - a list of measure names will be offered to select from. The list of units will include the full unit name as well as the conversion factor and offset (if applicable).
Cvt lets you customize the list of measures and units it supports. To customize the list, place a copy of the cvtdefs.json file (from this repository or from the plugin file) in the user configuration directory (
Keypirinha\portable\Profile\User) and add there your measures or units.
When a custom conversion file is used, the built-in conversion file is ignored so you won't see new measures and units that come with Cvt. When using a custom conversion file, typing Cvt: will show an option to reload the custom conversion file.
The easiest way to install Cvt is to use the PackageControl plugin's InstallPackage command.
For manual installation simply download the cvt.keypirinha-package file from the Releases page of this repository to:
Keypirinha\portable\Profile\InstalledPackagesin Portable mode
%APPDATA%\Keypirinha\InstalledPackagesin Installed mode
- Thanks the folks at Quartic Software for their awesome Android calculator app RealCalc Plus from which I took the list of measures, units and their conversion rules. If you like an HP-style RPN calculator in your phone, that's the one to use!
- Thanks ArmaniKorsich for the inspiration to write this plugin.
- Support Keypirinha's space_as_tab=yes setting. No need for space after number so now 12kg is fine. To enter the target unit any non-alphanumeric character (other than /) can be used as separator.
- First formal release
- Made major change (simplification) to the usage
- Add way to see available units as well as conversion factors and offsets (when applicable)
- Fixed errors in pressure and other conversions
- Fix temperatue and fuel consumption conversions
- Aliases are no longer case sensitive
- A copy of cvtdef.json can be placed in the User folder for customization
- Known issue: Keypirinha shows just 8 suggestions, when more than 8 units, some are not visible but still available if you type the unit code
- Fixed aliases to make them enter-able.
- Aliases selection is case sensitive - it should not be.
- Initial release, rough around the edges.
- Known issues: temperatue and fuel consumption conversions are broken, some aliases are not enter-able.