Magento 2 Mobile Detect Theme Change
Magento 2 Mobile detect system can be used to load different themes base on the client device (desktop, tablet, mobile). It uses the library https://github.com/serbanghita/Mobile-Detect.
How to use the module
The main configuration can be done under the Content > Design > Configuration. There (Design Rule > User Agent Rules) you can add user agent expressions.
- add "eadesign_is_mobile" to load a theme for mobile
- add "eadesign_is_tablet" to load a theme for tablet
- add "eadesign_is_desktop" to load a theme for desktop
Under system configurations you need to enable the extension. Also there you will find 3 fields for redirects. If you add a url to the mobile field for example the user will be redirected to the url in there. This can be useful if you want to use a different website/store view url for the mobile theme.
You can install the module via composer or manually by adding it to the app/code directory. The module is available on packagist.org
- composer config repositories.magento2-mobiledetect git email@example.com:EaDesgin/magento2-mobiledetect;
- sudo composer require eadesignro/module-mobiledetect;
- php bin/magento setup:upgrade;
You need to remove the module.