Shapeoko3 Drawing/Laser G-Code Output for Inkscape
This is an Inkscape extension that allows you to save your Inkscape drawings as G-Code files suitable for plotting with the Shapeoko3
Author: Marty McGuire Inkscape-Unicorn Forked for Shapeoko By Emerica
- Marty McGuire pulled this all together into an Inkscape extension.
- Emerica to mod it for shapeoko
- Inkscape is an awesome open source vector graphics app.
- Scribbles is the original DXF-to-Unicorn Python script.
- The Egg-Bot Driver for Inkscape provided inspiration and good examples for working with Inkscape's extensions API.
Copy the contents of
src/ to your Inkscape
Typical locations include:
- OS X -
- Linux -
- Windows -
- Size and locate your image appropriately:
- Setting units to mm in Inkscape makes it easy to size your drawing.
- The extension will automatically attempt to center everything.
- Convert all text to paths:
- Select all text objects.
- Choose Path | Object to Path.
- Save as G-Code:
- File | Save a Copy.
- Select Shapeoko3 G-Code (*.gcode).
- Save your file.
- For OS X, Pleasant3D is great for this.
- Open your
.gcodefile in Carbide Motion
- Center your work, set your pen, zero your machine.
- Open your
Marty - TODOs
*Pathto be less misleading.
- Formalize "home" to be a reasonable place to change pages/pens.
- Parameterize smoothness for curve approximation.
- Use native curve G-Codes instead of converting to paths?
- Include example templates?