Widgets & Jobs
All of the widgets use public APIs or regexps on scraped website content. So no need fo complicated OAuth Authentification. In most cases a user id or username is the only thing you need to get the data.
- Facebook-page metrics (likes, checkins or talking about)
- Foursquare venue checkins
- GitHub repository stats (forks and watchers)
- GitHub user metrics (followers, following, repos and gists)
- Google play store (application score and comments count)
- Instagram user (photos, followers, following)
- Klout score
- Slideshare user (count of slides, followers)
- Twitter account (followers, following and tweets)
- Vimeo account (likes, uploads, contacts etc.)
- Vimeo account vidoes top-list (top-X of user’s videos)
- Yahoo stock market quote value
- Youtube video metrics (rating, views, likes, comments, favorites)
All widgets can be displayed with the
Number widget that is part of the dashing setup. Please check the
sample.erb in this repository to see how to use them.
You also can copy single job files over to your own dashboard and use them there. Just place the according
.rb file in your
What’s that for?
Image you have some KPIs you always want to see when you’re in the office. You just use dashing and the jobs you need to display them permanently on a screen. We’ve installed a permanent dashboard display using a raspberry PI and a LCD screen. We’ll blog about this in 1-2 weeks.
Demo & Screen
There are two demo dashboards installed on heroku right now: