[UNMAINTAINED] Kirby Knowledge Base
This repository is unmaintained. Please don't use it.
Kirby is a simple file-based cms, made by https://twitter.com/bastianallgeier. At http://www.6wunderkinder.com we're using it as an internal knowledge-base for any type of documentation (processes, products, API...). It took us a long time to find the best setup for this and because we think most companies are struggling with this, we decided to open-source it.
- Markdown Formatting
- Syntax Highlighting
How to install?
Installing this is super simple!
- Download and install Kirby (https://github.com/bastianallgeier/kirbycms/zipball/master)
- Download and install the Kirby knowledge-base (https://github.com/christianreber/kirbycms-knowledge-base/zipball/master)
- Create your own structure in the content folder! We've kept our's for the sake of demonstration, just delete what you don't need.
- Hint: We highly recommend to use Kirby with Dropbox (http://getkirby.com/blog/kirby-meets-dropbox - locally and on your server) and to share the content folder with everyone in the team to make editing content extremely simple.
What we've used to create the knowledge-base
- We've rewritten the treemenu snippet to create a simple and clean menu (<https://github.com/bastianallgeier/kirbycms-extensions/tree/master/snippets/treemenu)
- We've used the breadcrumb snippet (https://github.com/bastianallgeier/kirbycms-extensions/tree/master/snippets/breadcrumb)
- We've used the search plugin (https://github.com/bastianallgeier/kirbycms-extensions/tree/master/plugins/search)
- We've used the syntax highlighting plugin (link: https://github.com/bastianallgeier/kirbycms-extensions/tree/master/plugins/highlight>)
- We created this simple theme (and got inspired from https://developers.facebook.com/docs)
More about Kirby
If you want to read more about how to format text with Kirby, please read the following links.