Tran and Strom (2017)
All data in this repository is associated with the following paper:
Data from the paper: Tran, D. and Strom, K. (2017). Suspended clays and silts: Are they independent or dependent fractions when it comes to settling in a turbulent suspension? Continental Shelf Research, 138, 81-94, doi: 10.1016/j.csr.2017.02.011.
- Location: laboratory
- Sediment type: kaolinite and montmorillonite mixture, silica silt
- Shearing devise: 13 L tank with paddle mixer
- Floc size measurement method: images of turbulent suspension
- Settling velocity measurement method: insulated settling column
The directories in this repository contain the following data:
- 00 Image Examples: contains example images from different experiments.
- 01 Time Series Data: contains time series of floc size distribution statistics (by volume), such as D50, moving towards an equilibrium value through net growth or net breakup.
- 02 Equilibrium Data: contains floc size statistics once the distribution has reached a steady state condition.
- 03 Settling Velocity Data: contains the average measured settling velocity of all flocs that fall within a 10 micron wide floc size bin paired to the floc size associated with the bin centers. (The first bin is from zero to 15 micron)
Each folder also contains the pertinent metadata for the associated files in that directory.