Clone this wiki locally
There are numerous implementations of Forth. This page is intended to provide an overview of all known implementations. Many Forth systems have been ported to different operating systems and !CPUs. Some run only on specific platforms.
=== ForthSystemsAlphabetical: Alphabetically sorted list of Forth Systems
StandAloneForth stand-alone Forth, Forth-OS, embedded.
MultiPlatformForth Forths for different Operating Systems
- Forths for one specific Operational System:
CrossForth Cross compiling and/or "Umbilical" Forths
- Other Forths, not fitting the above categories
Forthmacs predecessor of OpenBoot, running on Sparc, !RiscOS, Sun, !MacIntosh, Atari...
- not (yet) categorized Forths, or missing links
- Forthmacs predecessor of OpenBoot, running on Sparc, !RiscOS, Sun, !MacIntosh, Atari...
- Object Oriented Forth or Extensions
colorForth is a family of Forths that uses colour to replace punctuation. Mostly meant and implemented as StandAloneForth, some colorForths, mostly for training- and evaluation purposes, are running under a host operating system.
There's also a graphical Forth Family Tree which (while not covering every Forth system) is quite nice for showing how the various Forths interrelate.
==== Metalinks ====