Clone this wiki locally
Welcome to the Remmina wiki!
FOR END USERS
Usually remmina is included in your linux distribution or in an external repository. Do not ask for distribution packages or precompiled binaries here. This is a development site.
Snap packages, including Ubuntu and debianFor users with a distro that supports
snapd installed in your system. Then in Ubuntu you can install the last release from the Software center, looking for
remmina, otherwise you can install it from terminal with:
sudo snap install remmina
If you want to install latest git revision of remmina, you can use it from the
sudo snap install remmina --edge
Or update the current installed version with the selected channel:
sudo snap refresh remmina --channel=edge # use --channel=stable otherwise
To enable some advanced features such as
mount-control (to manage mount positions),
avahi-observer (to automatically look for local servers to connect to),
cups-control (to manage printing) you should run something like:
sudo snap connect remmina:avahi-observe :avahi-observe # servers discovery sudo snap connect remmina:cups-control :cups-control # printing sudo snap connect remmina:mount-observe :mount-observe # mount management
Snap packages will be updated automatically and will include both latest
FreeRDP git and latest
libssh 0.7 release (for better security).
For Ubuntu users we have an official PPA with Remmina 1.2
To install it, just copy and paste the following three lines on a terminal window
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:remmina-ppa-team/remmina-next sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install remmina remmina-plugin-rdp libfreerdp-plugins-standard
Don't forget to exit/kill al your running instances of remmina. The best way to do it is to reboot your PC. Or, if you cannot reboot, kill all running remmina with
sudo killall remmina
By default the RDP, SSH and SFTP plugins are installed. You can view a list of available plugins with
apt-cache search remmina-plugin
Hubbitus (Pavel Alexeev) provided us a copr, to install just execute as root:
# dnf copr enable hubbitus/remmina-next # dnf upgrade --refresh 'remmina*' 'freerdp*'
Sabayon (Gentoo Binary based)
- Install :
equo- i net-misc/remmina
To build and install
emerge -av net-misc/remmina
To build a binary and install
emerge -avb net-misc/remmina
emerge -avk remmina*.tar.bz # From cp /usr/portage/packages/net-misc remmina* > /mnt/some-usb-stick to multiple boxes emerge -avk =net-misc/remmina-#??Version number # if you have a Bin-host/Binary package server defined on your lan
- (version???) on other machines as a binary if you have many Gentoo machines... directly from file else bin host
Arch Linux based
There are also some external, not supported plugins provided by Muflone :
- remmina-plugin-exec A protocol plugin for Remmina to execute an external process.
- remmina-plugin-folder A protocol plugin for Remmina to open a folder.
- remmina-plugin-open A protocol plugin for Remmina to open a document with its associated application.
- remmina-plugin-rdesktop A protocol plugin for Remmina to open a RDP connection with rdesktop.
- remmina-plugin-teamviewer A protocol plugin for Remmina to launch a TeamViewer connection.
- remmina-plugin-ultravnc A protocol plugin for Remmina to connect via VNC using UltraVNC viewer.
- remmina-plugin-url A protocol plugin for Remmina to open an URL in an external browser.
- remmina-plugin-webkit A protocol plugin for Remmina to launch a GTK+ Webkit browser.
FOR DEVELOPERS, PACKAGERS AND TESTERS
Here, on github, we have three official branches:
"next" branch: the future 1.2.0 version, which compiles with current freerdp master branch and will compile with freerdp 2.0 when released. We will do code developments and bugfixes here, on the next branch.
"master" branch: the 1.1.2 stable version, which compiles with freerdp 1.1 stable. We will only provide security fixes or critical bugs (i.e.: data corruption) fixes on version 1.1.X.
"gtk2" branch: a special remmina 1.1.1 version compatible with GTK2, compiles with freerdp 1.1 stable
REMMINA COMPILATION GUIDES
- How to compile "next" branch on Ubuntu 14.04 and Ubuntu 16.04.
- How to compile "next" branch on Fedora 20.
- For Debian 7.6 you can use the Ubuntu guide, but you must disable SSH with -DWITH_LIBSSH=OFF when executing cmake. libssh provided with debian 7 (v 5.4) is older than the needed version 6.x.
We also have a website: http://www.remmina.org