Freemius Privacy & Data Tracking Concerns FAQ
This is a collaborative and thorough collection of privacy and data tracking concerns about Freemius. By leveraging the power of the Freemius partners’ network, we’ll be able to craft a much more accurate and richer document that addresses everyone’s concerns.
If you feel that we’ve missed a question/concern that worth addressing or if an FAQ’s question or its explanation is unclear, please create an issue or a pull request with what you feel should be changed and why. All grammar/spelling corrections are greatly welcome. We’re trying to write these for all levels of users, as well as people who may not speak English proficiently.
Table of Contents
- What is Freemius?
- Do I have to share data with Freemius?
- Why would I share any data with Freemius?
- Why would I share any data with the developer of the plugin or theme I’m using?
- Does Freemius sell my data?
- What does Freemius do with my data and who can access it?
- Will product updates continue working if I skip the opt-in?
- What information is collected by Freemius if I opt-in and why?
- How frequently data is collected after opting in?
- Can I opt-out from usage-tracking after opting in?
- Does Freemius usage-tracking impact performance?
- How can I have my data completely removed from Freemius?
- How can I hide sensitive information from the Account page?
- Can I hide the pricing page and add-on prices from my client sites?
- I’m using the product on my clients sites, will Freemius collect their information?
- Is Freemius GDPR compliant?