Advanced Media Framework (AMF) SDK
AMF is a light-weight, portable multimedia framework that abstracts away most of the platform and API-specific details and allows for easy implementation of multimedia applications using a variety of technologies, such as DirectX 11, OpenGL, and OpenCL and facilitates an efficient interop between them.
- Windows® 7 (SP1 with the Platform Update) (AMF v22.214.171.124 and older)
- Windows® 8.1 (AMF v126.96.36.199 and older)
- Windows® 10, or Windows® 11
- Windows Subsystem for Linux (DX12 Decoder and Converter Only)
- Visual Studio® 2019
- RHEL 8.4 / 7.9
- CentOS 8.4 / 7.9
- Ubuntu 20.04.2 / 18.04.5 HWE
- SLED/SLES 15 SP3
Driver and AMF component installation instructions are available on the Wiki page.
The following table contains the driver versions in which the Linux pro driver started including the AMF runtime, otherwise, the AMF runtime is optional and has to be installed separately.
All supported distros include the AMF runtime starting driver version 20.40.
OS AMF included starting version: Ubuntu 18.04.1 18.30 SLE 15 18.40 Ubuntu 20.04.0 20.20 *All supported distros 20.40
AMF SDK is backward compatible with all previous driver versions.
Version 1.4.24: AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 22.3.1 (21.50.02.01) or newer. Added new AMD Direct Capture mode, new HQscaler feature(Bilinear/Bicubic/FSR), new Vulkan HEVC encoder on Navi family, improvements on H264 Vulkan encoding.
Version 1.4.23: AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 21.12.1 (21.40.11.03) or newer. Added new Auto LTR encoder mode, additional encoder usage presets and encoder statistics/feedback.
Version 1.4.21: AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 21.10.1 (21.30.25.01) or newer. Added PSNR/SSIM score feedback, new QVBR rate control mode and LTR mode for encoders, added HDR support for HEVC encoder and color converter, new EncoderLatency sample app.
Version 1.4.18: AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 20.11.2 or newer. Added Pre-Encode filter within Pre-Processing component in 1.4.18.
Version 1.4.9 or later requires Vulkan SDK for some samples: https://vulkan.lunarg.com/ and AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.8.1 (18.30.01.01) or newer. This version supports Linux (see amd.com for driver support)
Version 1.4.4 or later requires OCL_SDK_Light: https://github.com/GPUOpen-LibrariesAndSDKs/OCL-SDK/releases. Previous versions of AMF require the AMD APP SDK (Version 3.0 or later), Windows 10 SDK (Version 10586). This version requires AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 17.7.2 (17.30.1041) or newer
Version 1.4: AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 17.1.1 (16.50.2611) or newer
Version 1.3: AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.7.3 (16.30.2311) or newer
The AMF framework is compatible with most recent Radeon GPUs starting with the Southern Islands family and APUs of the Kabini, Kaveri, Carrizo families and newer.
- Visual Studio solutions can be found in the
- Additional documentation can be found in the
- To build samples on Linux use 'makefile' in
- FFmpeg is distributed under the terms of the LGPLv2.1.
- AMD, the AMD Arrow logo, Radeon, and combinations thereof are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries.
- Microsoft, DirectX, Visual Studio, and Windows are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
- OpenGL and the oval logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Silicon Graphics, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries worldwide.
- OpenCL and the OpenCL logo are trademarks of Apple Inc. used by permission by Khronos.
- Vulkan and the Vulkan logo are registered trademarks of the Khronos Group Inc.