- XCI and XCZ support (Thanks @HookedBehemoth!)
- XCI and XCZ files can now be installed just like NSP and NSZ files!
- If a XCI/XCZ file includes DLC and updates, these will be installed as well!
- No more struggling to convert pesky XCI/XCZ files!
- SD card directory browsing
- Files can now be selected for installation from anywhere on the SD card!
- Just browse to their location, select your files, and install like normal!
- Custom backgrounds
- A custom backround image can be placed in /switch/Awoo-Installer as "background.png", 1280x720!
- A LOT of other changes and bug fixes
What's next? Where is USB support?!
Unfortunately USB has been a lot more trouble for us to properly implement than expected. We're not yet exactly certain why transfers act so troublesome, and it doesn't seem to be our fault in implementation. In its current state, I don't want it to be a part of Awoo Installer because it doesn't "just werk" yet. If anyone in the community has any knowledge of USB comms, and why they act so randomly unstable on the latest libnx and system version, please give us a shout on my IRC! We really want to make Awoo Installer a go-to "just werks" installer for everyone, and USB installing is one of the last major hurdles to achieving that goal!
...But I still recommend an ethernet adapter. :v)
Otherwise, we still have a lot of features planned for the future! Progress continues every day, so stay tuned!
Compiled with Huntereb/libnx@9c4889f.
- NCA verification
- Contents of files you attempt to install are now checked for authenticity
- If a file is detected as modified, Awoo Installer will alert you of the risks
- "Modified" contents might include cartridge image repacks, DLC unlockers, mods, and malware
- Make sure if you're installing modified files that you verify that their source is trustworthy!
- "Boost mode" during installations
- Increase install speeds by enabling Nintendo's "boost mode" when installing software
- Disabled by default
- Google Drive support by file ID
- Software can be installed directly from Google Drive by entering a public link's file ID into Awoo Installer
- This feature can be found by pressing Y on the Network Installation page, and selecting "Google Drive"
- More services may be implemented in the future
- Change the fat Awoos to whatever you want
- Images can be placed in /switch/Awoo-Installer
- "awoo_main.png" for the main menu, and "awoo_inst.png" for the install page
- Removed SX OS license.dat check
- Many other changes and bug fixes
A lot of new and useful features are on the horizon for Awoo Installer! @HookedBehemoth is working on a lot of impressive new features, and of course I'll be messing around a little whenever I see fit. Stick around and keep an eye out for any info on what's coming up! Oh yeah, and please submit any issues or feature requests you might want to see in an upcoming release!
Compiled with switchbrew/libnx@170942a.
This release is used to easily update the latest signature patches for use within Awoo Installer.
Credits to Joonie86. You can find his releases here.
12-08-19: Updated for 9.1.0