This adapter allows to receive wireless M-Bus data from supported receivers. The extent of device implementation varies, but wMBus modes can be configured for all listed devices.
- Embit WMB modules
- Amber Wireless AMB8465 (Beware: Command mode (UART_CMD_Out_Enable) is enabled!)
- IMST iM871A
The WMBUS stack has been "re-ported" from FHEM project and was extensively fixed and refactored. Testing was done with raw data picked up on the internet, OMS sample data and some test data from the jmbus library. Some edge cases are still untested.
The device creation, updating, etc is mostly based of Apollon77's M-Bus adapter (see below).
If the adapter receives encrypted telegrams the AES key configuration tab should list the device ID automatically.
If the parser fails the raw telegram data will be saved to the info.rawdata state.
Attention: The Amber receiver seems to crash after some time (or amount of received messages) in C mode? Hardware flaw?
The initial setup requires to configure the basics (hardware connection to the wmbus) and to setup AES keys for all encrypted wmbus nodes to be collected. The most tricky part are the AES keys.
This requires to select the appropriate USB device and the correct baud rate (usually for IMST: 57600 baud; Amber: 9600 baud; Embit: 9600 baud). Most meters will send in "T Mode".
The device identifier is a combination of the manufacturer code and the device ID (e.g. AAA-12345678). The key can be entered either as a plain-text key with 16 characters or as a hex string with 32 characters (16 bytes).
The easiest way to setup the keys is to start the adapter without any key setup and to wait for an encrypted telegram, after which an entry with "UNKNOWN" key is generated by the adapter. Then you can fill in the corresponding key and save the settings. If you see devices you don't know or just want to get rid of (e.g. devices from neighbours), you can enter them in the blocked devices tab.
- sending telegrams for S mode receivers?
- CUL support?
- (ChL) fix for connection indicator with js-controller 2.x
- (ChL) Small fixes
- (ChL) Internal telegram parser now supports wired M-Bus frames (not used - for testing / developing purpose)
- (D Glaser) Added timestamp of last update to device info
- (D Glaser/ChL) Added some setup documentation to README
- (ChL) Basic support for Techem devices
- (ChL) Option to force energy units (Wh and J) to kWh - BEWARE this is not really backwards compatible. Old states will keep their "old" unit, but display the adjusted value!
- (ChL) Blacklist devices after 10 consecutive failed parse attempts until adapter restart
- (ChL) Assign roles derived from units (as does the mbus adapter)
- (ChL) Support for (Kamstrup?) compact frames through data record cache (pre-defined frames have been removed!)
- (ChL) Append device ids with key "UNKNOWN" at startup to needskey
0.4.2 / 0.4.3 / 0.4.4
- (ChL) Small fixes
- (ChL) basic IMST iM871A support
- (ChL) better Amber Stick support
- (ChL) Compact mode?
- (ChL) Nicer state names
- (ChL) wMBus mode partially selectable
- (ChL) Implemented all VIF types from MBus doc
- (ChL) VIF extensions are handled better (again)
- (ChL) reorganised VIF info
- (ChL) reorganised receiver handling
- (ChL) blacklisting of devices possible
0.2.0 (not tagged)
- (ChL) Dramatically improved parser: support for security mode 7, frame type B, many small fixes
- (ChL) VIF extensions are handled better, but correct handling is still not fully clear
- (ChL) CRCs are checked and removed if still present
- (ChL) raw data is saved if parser fails
- (ChL) initial release
Copyright (c) 2019 ISFH - Institute for Solar Energy Research www.isfh.de