Baby Monitor and Historical Data from a Masimo pulse oximeter
This project is used to record the Blood Oxygen levels of an infant who is monitored with the Masimo pulse oximeter. This data is uploaded to a MongoDB and used to populate a real time and historical graphs. Which can be used by parents at home to monitor an infant who is in another room or by a doctor to review large sections of time to see how and infant is doing.
- Masimo pulse oximeter (Currently RAD8 or RAD7)
- Serial to USB Cable
- I used this one from radio shack however you can get it online for much less. Gigaware USB to Serial
- Raspberry PI Raspberry PI 2
- Wifi Adapter Edimax EW-7811Un
- Power Cable, I used an old cell phone charger that I had around but you can get one on amazon. CanaKit 5V