Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 50 million developers.Sign up
- Add Gradle support.
- Fix: Use 'sw' and 'w' qualifiers on ICS+ only to prevent OEM resource bugs.
- Fix: Improve handling of popup windows to prevent leaks.
- Fix: Support turning off textAllCaps style attribute on action items.
- Fix: Potential logging NullPointerException when a MenuItem title was omitted.
- Fix: Importing library into Eclipse as a Maven module now works correctly.
- Prevent dispatching touch events to both action bar and content view on API
11 and up.
- Add Hebrew and Brazillian translations to i18n module.
- New: FEST module for testing ActionBarSherlock classes.
- New: i18n module for including internationalized strings used by actionbar.
- Removed dialog themes.
SearchViewsuggestions now work properly.
- Fix: Prevent rare NPE when restoring state on pre-Honeycomb devices.
- Fix: Correct behavior of
- Fix: Handle cases where
Locale.ROOTis not present on pre-Honeycomb.
- Fix: Correct tab measurement edge-case on pre-Honeycomb.
- Use custom Toast layout to ensure consistent look and feel.
- Fix: Prevent monkey runners from uselessly crashing.
- Fix: Do not hold on to old menu items after a call to
- Fix: Ensure
ShareActionProviderworks when only one intent is available.
- Fix: Scroll list navigation to the selected item when opened.
artifactId is now 'actionbarsherlock'.
.Dialog themes are now deprecated. These will be removed in a future
version of the library.
SearchViewwidget for standard search interaction (API 8+ only)
ShareActionProviderin the split action bar no longer fills the entire
ShareActionProvidernow does file I/O on a background thread.
- Fix: Automatically correct
ColorDrawablenot respecting bounds when used as
a stacked background.
- Fix: Ensure fragments collection is present before dispatching events.
- Fix: XML-defined
onClicksearches the correct context for the declared
- Fix: Ensure action mode start/finish callbacks are invoked on the activity
for the native action bar.
- Fix: Allow tab callbacks to have a fragment transaction instance for any
- Fix: Ensure
CollapsibleActionViewcallbacks are dispatched in both native
and compatbility action bars.
- Fix: Remove
.ForceOverflowthemes. These never should have been included.
- Fix: Altered technique used for menu event dispatching through the fragment
manager for greater control.
- Fix: Do not dispatch menu creation event if the activity has been destroyed.
- Fix: Correct potential
NullPointerExceptionwhen expanding an action item.
- Fix: Correct potential
NullPointerExceptionwhen the hardware menu key was
pressed in an activity that is forcing the overflow menu.
- Fix: Do not set a listener on the native action bar tab wrapper unless a
compatibility listener has been set.
- Fix: Ensure the compatibility animation framework is always available on
views even if they were previously detached from the view hierarchy.
- Upgrade to r7 support library.
- Fix: Do not trigger menu creation after
onCreateif activity is finishing.
- Fix: Prevent overflow from displaying if there are no overflow action items.
- Fix: Long-pressing menu key no longer triggers overflow.
- Fix: Use proper tab state-list drawable to mimic ICS.
- Fix: Ensure dispatching menu creation and preparation to fragments can
falsewhen appropriate to avoid rendering artifacts.
- Fix: Properly save and fetch action mode tag on ICS.
- Fix: Add missing density-specific resources for certain asssets and remove
ShareActionProviderwidget for use as action items.
- Re-add 'Styled' sample to provide a more comprehensive theming example.
- Fix: Do not dispatch options item selection to fragments if the activity
handles the callback.
- Fix: Prevent menu key from opening the overflow menu when an action mode is
- Fix: Ensure fragment transaction instance is not
nullon initial tab
- Fix: Displaying an action mode while using stacked tab navigation no longer
throws an exception.
- Fix: Using expandable action item callbacks no longer results in a possible
exception on older devices.
Complete rewrite of the library to backport the Android 4.0 action bar.
- The minimum supported version of Android is now 2.1 (API 7).
- New base activities are provided (e.g.,
SherlockFragmentActivity) which extend from the native activities.
- The support library sources are no longer included in the library. You must
android-support-v4.jarin your project separately.
- Theming now mirrors that of the native action bar through the use of multiple
styles rather than through
am-prefixed attributes in the theme.
- The action bar can be statically attached to an activity view without the
requirement of using one of the provided base activities.
FragmentManagercan no longer occur when an
attempt is being made to save to a
Bundlethat has not yet been created.
- Fix: Pre-3.0 action item submenu dialogs now properly dismiss themselves when
an item of theirs is selected.
- Library now uses the
r6version of the compatibility library for its base.
Ice Cream Sandwich-specific implementations are currently disabled, however,
but will be added in a future version of the library.
ActivityCompat have be added back in
to ease transition to this library but all their methods and the classes
themselves have been deprecated.
- Rewritten menu and action item support from Ice Cream Sandwich.
- Removed the need for the custom
You should now use the
showAsActionattribute and/or the
setShowAsAction(int)method on each
MenuItemto control whether or
not text is shown
- Action item dividers are now added automatically only when necessary
to distinguish possible confusion between action items.
- Fix: Action views now properly size themselves within the bounded space
of the menu.
- Fix: List navigation no longer becomes unusable on certain device
findItem(int)method now properly returns the support
- Fix: Invisible sub-menu items are no longer shown on the pre-3.0 popup list.