Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Here are some examples of using vowpal-wabbit
- RCV1 example. Here we use online gradient descent on TFIDF transformed features while taking advantage of a cache file.
- Malicious URL example. A sequential binary classification problem with temporally correlated data.
- VW has a test suite.
less +/^__DATA test/RunTestsprovides many little examples with input data-sets and expected reference outputs.
- Matrix factorization example
- Multi Class Examples
- Predicting probabilities (for both binary and multi-class classification)
- Weighted All Pairs (wap) multi class example
- Truncated gradient descent example
- Logged Contextual Bandit Example
- daemon example - how to run vw in daemon mode and get predictions
- Using active_interactor.py an interactive way to interface with vw's active learning
- Using vw-hypersearch a vw wrapper to search for "optimal" (argmin) parameters
- using vw varinfo - a vw wrapper to inspect your training-set & model
- Using vw regr - a script for aiding regression applications
- vw-top-errors: online learning debugging for better models
- vw-lda - a friendly high-level wrapper for
The source tree has a sub-directory
demo which includes somewhat more involved examples:
- DNA splice Site recognition dataset from the 2008 Pascal Large Scale Learning Challenge
- Using Searn for Entity Relation Recognition
- MNIST handwritten digit recognition with
- low-ranked quadratic
--lrqdemo on the movielens data-set
--normalizedeffect on SGD online learning
- Ability of
vwto separate signal from artificially injected noise
External sites examples
- Zygmunt Zając's FastML has several examples of using Vowpal Wabbit in practice.
Clone this wiki locally
Press h to open a hovercard with more details.