Open 3D Graphics Compression
What is Open3DGC?
Can I try Open3DGC?
What codecs are supported?
Open3DGC provides codecs for:
- 3D meshes with multiple attributes (e.g., positions, normals, texture coordinates, animation weights and joint IDs).
- Bone-based animations.
- Morphing (coming soon).
How efficient is it?
- CAD models: meshes with a high number of connected components and irregular sampling.
- Scanned models: dense and almost uniformly sampled meshes.
- MPEG data set: a wide variety of models (i.e., manifold, non-manifold, open/closed, arbitrary genus).
- Gzip with default settings (level=6)
- OpenCTM with default settings
- Webgl-loader with 14 bits quantization for positions and 10 bits quantization for normals and texture coordinates
- Open3DGC with 14 bits quantization for positions and 10 bits quantization for normals and texture coordinates
How fast is it?
- C++ encoding speed: 2525K triangles per second (Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.4 GHz, Win7 x64, RAM 10 GB)
- C++ decoding speed: 3300K triangles per second (Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.4 GHz, Win7 x64, RAM 10 GB)
What algorithms are implemented in Open3DGC?
How to use Open3DGC in glTF?
Try out glTF viewer with Open3DGC compression