Lightstreamer - Basic Stock-List Demo - .NET Client
This project contains a full example of a .NET Framework client application that employs the .NET Standard client API for Lightstreamer.
(download deploy_push.zip; unzip it; launch setup.exe; follow the instructions)
This is a .NET desktop version of the Lightstreamer - Basic Stock-List Demo - HTML Client, where thirty items are subscribed to.
This app uses the .NET Standard Client API for Lightstreamer to handle the communications with Lightstreamer Server. A simple user interface is implemented to display the real-time data received from Lightstreamer Server.
The application uses a grid to display the real-time data. You can resize and drag the columns around.
This application uses the LightstreamerClient class to connect to Lightstreamer Server and subscribe to the 30 items. The client library offers auto-reconnection and auto-resubscription logic out of the box. The status of the connection can be seen on the top right corener or in the bottom statys bar of the demo. A DataGridview object from System.Windows.Forms is used to display the real-time updates received from Lightstreamer Server. The application code implements a cell highlighting mechanism, too.
At the top right of the form there are few controls that allow you to:
- dynamically change the transport over which the client session with the Lightstremer server is based;
- reset the connection with the Lightstreamer server to force a new client session;
- dynamically change the max updates frequency allowed for the subscription, varying from unlimited to 1 update every 100 seconds.
Double-clicking on the last column a new Form will be shown with a Chart object from System.Windows.Forms drawing a real-time serie for the quotes of the related stock. Each new Chart form involves a new Subscription in order to be totally released from any limitation on the frequency of updates imposed on the main subscription of the grid.
If you want to install a version of this demo pointing to your local Lightstreamer Server, follow these steps:
- Note that, as prerequisite, a windows system is required and the Lightstreamer - Stock-List Demo - Java Adapter has to be deployed on your local Lightstreamer Server instance. Please check out the project and follow the installation instructions provided with it.
- Launch Lightstreamer Server.
- Download the
deploy.zipfile that you can find in the deploy release of this project and extract the application installer (look for a
- Execute the downloaded file
setup.exeto install the application.
- From the Start menu, go to the "Lightstreamer .NET Stock-List Demo" folder, and click the "DotNetStockListDemo.exe" link.
To build your own version of the
DotNetStockListDemo.exe executable, instead of using the one provided in the
deploy.zip file from the Install section above, the example is comprised of the following source code and image files:
To recompile the provided sources, you just need to create a project for a Windows Application target, then include the sources listed above. You should complete this project with the Lightstreamer .NET Standard Client library, to be used for the build process, trough NuGet. Follow these steps:
- In the "Solution Explorer" tab, right click on the project and choose
Manage NuGet Packages ...
- In the Search text box enter
- Choose the Lightstreamer.DotNetStandard.Client last version then click
- Check out that among the References of your project Lightstreamer_DotNet_Client_Unified was added.
- Repeat the above steps also for
Lightstreamer Adapters Needed by These Demo Clients
- Lightstreamer - Stock-List Demo - Java Adapter
- Lightstreamer - Reusable Metadata Adapters - Java Adapter
- Lightstreamer - Stock-List Demo - .NET Adapter
- Lightstreamer .NET Standard Client SDK
- Lightstreamer - Stock-List Demos - HTML Clients
- Lightstreamer - Basic Stock-List Demo - jQuery (jqGrid) Client
- Lightstreamer - Basic Stock-List Demo - Java SE (Swing) Client
- Lightstreamer - Quickstart Example - .NET Client
Lightstreamer Compatibility Notes
- Compatible with Lightstreamer .NET Standard Client Library version 5.0.0 or newer.
- Ensure that .NET Standard Client API is supported by your Lightstreamer Server license configuration.
- For instructions compatible with .NET Standard Client library version 4.x, please refer to this tag