Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Waze CCP Collaborative Processor
There are many cities, counties, states, and countries that have deployed the solution, helped contribute code, or are interested in using the project.
Feedback from Government Participants
- "Love everything about this project."
- "This is how software should be developed."
- "Great national collaborative project."
- "Very excited about it."
- "I think it is an amazing idea! "
- "I think it's great to collaborate with these open source options in a consistent workflow."
- "I am all for it."
- "I think it is a wonderful helpful solution for many cities."
- "Kudos to the team for all their efforts and sharing with the community."
- "This is really a great initiative and will make it a lot easier to work with Waze data and avoid every city has to start from scratch!"
- "Thank you for sharing this exciting opportunity!"
Deployed the Solution
Governments who have taken this free code and deployed the Waze data processor to their cloud.
- Louisville, KY
- Anchorage, AK (from a plane!)
- Joinville, Brazil
- Miraflores, Lima, Perú
- Denver, CO
- Los Angeles, CA
- Perú, Minister of Transportation
- Centennial, CO
- Slingshot (tech company)
- InterDev (tech company)
- New Zealand, Transport Agency
- Prague, Czech Republic
Partners contributing code (see contribution credits)
- Louisville, KY (main organizer, led by Chief Data Officer)
- Denver, CO (AWS code help, Azure) (deployed code to AWS)
- NYC, NY (city volunteer)
- Joinville, Brazil (merging their own code into this effort)
Partners interested in providing some coding support
- Boston, MA (AWS code help)
- Pittsburgh, PA (Azure help, server)
- Philly, PA
- New Orleans, LA (would like to help with ESRI GIS connector from RDS)
Partners interested starting their Waze CCP agreement, then willing to help
- Chicago, IL (in legal)
- San Francisco, CA (being reviewed by legal)
- Sacramento, CA (looking at agreement. IT department may help with code effort.)
- San Jose, CA (in legal for review)
Partners explicitly expressing interest in deploying the final product, or the project in general
- Anchorage, AK (forked and deployed by CfA brigade and collecting data)
- Los Angeles, CA (forked and deployed and collecting data)
- NYC, NY (city and Port Authority have agreement, want to help. MTA does not. Uses Azure.)
- Kansas City, MO
- Seattle, WA
- South Bend, IN
- Nashville, TN
- Bloomington, IN
- Syracuse, NY
- Cincinnati, OH
- Chattanooga, TN
- London, England
- Austin, TX
- Toronto, Canada
- Idaho, Transportation Department
- Peru, Minister of Transportation and Communications (deployed and used code)
- Chile, Undersecretary of Transport
- Santa Fe, Argentina
- Arlington, MA
- Pleasanton, CA
- Broussard, Quebec, Canada
- Ghent, Belgium
- Dayton Beach, FL
- Washington, DC, Airport Authority
- Atlanta, GA, Regional Commission
- Municipalidad del Salta, Argentina
- Centennial, CO
- Guayaquil, Ecuador
- Lo Barnechea, Santiago, Chile
- California, DoT
- Muscatine, IA
- Cobb County, GA
- Surrey, BC, Canada
- Frisco, TX
- Lewisville, TX
- Makati, Philippines
- Paris, France (OpenDataSoft connection)
- Port of Le Havre, France
- North Texas NCTCOG, TX
- Oakland, CA
- Truckee, CA
- Massachusetts DOT
- Lake County, IL, DOT
- Portland, OR
- Debrecen, Hungary (has their own code + DB, willing to share)
- Budapest, Hungary
- Miraflores, Lima, Peru (deployed and used code)
- Delaware DOT
- Sandy Springs, GA
- Woolwich, Canada
- Memphis, TN
- Barrie, Canada
- Fort Worth, TX
- Tampa, FL
- Louisiana, DOT
- College Station, TX
- Sydney, Australia
- Sugar Land, TX
- Evanston, IL
- Santa Clara County, CA
- Roanoke, VA
- University of Chicago
- Naperville, IL
- Wisconsin DOT
- Winnipeg, Canada
We'd love to have more cities, states and international partners on board.
Waze CCP Partners
This project has the potential to be useful for all 600+ Waze Connected Citizen Program participating governments around the globe, many of whom are building an expensive, custom, non-reproducible solution. The Waze data has many defined use cases, and you can see more in their 600 Partners blog post.
Premier Project Sponsors
Organizations that are helping to fund, manage, promote, and support the project.
Platinum, Gold, Silver Sponsors
No paying government supporters yet...
If you are a government or private company who wants to help out or needs help with implementation, see our optional annual support tiers to get your logo here and help set the direction of the project.
- Presidential Innovation Fellows - Three fellows have committed to contributing.
- Waze - supporting this project by promoting it to CCP partners.
- USDOT - Louisville is collaborating with USDOT by using knowledge from this project for their Secure Data Commons initiative.
- Amazon - Funding the project's development through a vendor, and offering free AWS credits to cities who contribute.
- GovEx - Is looking to provide virtual and on-site training for traffic departments on how to use tools developed with this project and the Waze data.
- 18F, USDS, xD - We would like to connect with them.
- Microsoft - We will be reaching out to Microsoft for Azure support.
- Google - We'd like to reach out to Google Cloud for support.
- Code for America - We see some opportunity to collaborate with local brigades (like Anchorage has done)
- ESRI, Koop - Andrew Stauffer has done this with their ArcGIS Open Data product
- Carto - Would like to build a direct integration
Terraform.io is being used in all of our code to support Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud.
- Terraform.io - cloud agnostic infrastructure-as-code
For AWS, are the kinds of skills we need help with to finish the project:
- Cloud Formation
- SNS Notifications
- RDS (Aurora Postgres)
We'd like to finish the Azure and Google Cloud portions of the solution (both about 80% complete thanks to Terraform) but need some funding for that part.