This repository contains the material used in the Python programming course given by MAMBA (www.mamba-python.nl).
The philosophy behind this course is that the best way to learn Python is by solving practical problems. A good way to do this is by doing exercises in Jupyter Notebooks. The exercises are located in the 'Exercise_notebooks' directory. In this directory the following sub directories are distinguished:
- basic is used for the most basic material that everyone learning Python should know.
- on-topic is used for exercises on specific topics, that you should only use if the topic is useful for you.
- personal_application contains instructions to write a personal application. The template in this folder will be used during the Python course.
The repository also contains examples of Python code in the 'Practical_examples' directory. These are mostly examples that are shown during the Python courses.
This repository consists for 90% of notebooks created by others. We are incredibly grateful to the individuals, communities and firms that allow us to use their material. The repositories from which material is used are:
- Exploratory Computing with Python, Mark Bakker, Delft University of Technology
- Learn Python 3 through Jupyter Notebooks, Jerry Pussinen
- Python for non-programmers, Berkeley University
- Jupyter Notebook Viewer
- The Zen of Python by Example, Hunter Blanks
- Python-visualization with Folium
- Python interactive plots with Bokeh