Windows Community Toolkit
The Windows Community Toolkit is a collection of helper functions, custom controls, and app services. It simplifies and demonstrates common developer tasks building UWP apps for Windows 10.
Microsoft Build 2018
Several features were announced during Build 2018 that have not merged into master yet but are expected to be merged before the next release (v3.0).
- If you came here looking for the new Microsoft Graph controls, they can be found in #2055
- New GazeInteractionLibrary, WebView for win32, and several other features are merged in the rel/3.0.0-preview branch. They can also be found as pre-release packages on nuget
- DataGrid is expected to be released in the 3.1 release later this summer. The current work in progress can be found in the harinikmsft/datagrid branch. It is also available as a pre-release packages on nuget
|Target||Branch||Status||Recommended Nuget packages version|
|Pre-release beta testing||master|
Please read the getting Started with the Windows Community Toolkit page for more detailed information about using the toolkit.
Windows Community Toolkit Sample App
Want to see the toolkit in action before jumping into the code? Download and play with the Windows Community Toolkit Sample App from the Store.
NuGet is a standard package manager for .NET applications that is built into Visual Studio. From your open solution choose the Tools menu, NuGet Package Manager, Manage NuGet packages for solution... to open the UI. Enter one of the package names below to search for it online.
Once you search you should see a list similar to the one below (versions may be different, but names should be the same).
|NuGet Package Name||Description|
|Microsoft.Toolkit||.NET Standard NuGet package containing common code|
|Microsoft.Toolkit.Parsers||.NET Standard NuGet package containing cross-platform parsers, such as Markdown and RSS|
|Microsoft.Toolkit.Services||.NET Standard NuGet package containing cross-platform services|
|Microsoft.Toolkit.Uwp||Main NuGet package includes code only helpers such as Colors conversion tool, Storage file handling, a Stream helper class, etc.|
|Microsoft.Toolkit.Uwp.Notifications||Notifications Package - Generate tile, toast, and badge notifications for Windows 10 via code. Includes intellisense support to avoid having to use the XML syntax.|
|Microsoft.Toolkit.Uwp.Services||Services Package - This NuGet package includes the service helpers for Facebook, LinkedIn, Microsoft Graph, Twitter and more|
|Microsoft.Toolkit.Uwp.UI||UI Packages - Brushes, XAML converters, Visual tree extensions, and other extensions and helpers for your XAML UI.|
|Microsoft.Toolkit.Uwp.UI.Animations||Animations and Composition behaviors such as Blur, Fade, Rotate, etc.|
|Microsoft.Toolkit.Uwp.UI.Controls||XAML Controls such as RadialGauge, RangeSelector, etc.|
|Microsoft.Toolkit.Uwp.Connectivity||API helpers such as BluetoothLEHelper and Networking|
|Microsoft.Toolkit.Uwp.DeveloperTools||XAML user controls and services to help developer building their app|
- Creators Update (15063)
- Fall Creators Update (16299)
- April 2018 Update (17134)
- Composition Animations
- Connected Animations
- Implicit Animations
- NavigationView Styles
- Incremental Loading Collection
- Object Storage
Feedback and Requests
Please use GitHub issues for bug reports and feature requests.
For feature requests, please also create en entry in our Uservoice.
For general questions and support, please use Stack Overflow where questions should be tagged with the tag
Do you want to contribute? Here are our contribution guidelines.
- Principle #1: The toolkit will be kept simple.
- Principle #2: As soon as a comparable feature is available in the Windows SDK for Windows 10, it will be marked as deprecated.
- Principle #3: All features will be supported for two Windows SDK for Windows 10 release cycles or until another principle supersedes it.
Read what we plan for next iterations, and feel free to ask questions.
This project is supported by the .NET Foundation.