⚡Magic Mirror ⚡
We took the magic mirror concept a step further by enabling user recognition
The Magic Mirror is a fun weekend IoT project that showcases the power of Universal Windows Platform (UWP) hosted web apps. Please check out the instructions below to see how you can build it yourself
The client side was coded against standard web technologies (CSS, HTML, JS)
Before using the magic mirror, users need to create a profile using the desktop app. You need a profile so the mirror can recognize you and adapt to your needs.
Please see the assembly process section.
##Installing the apps
You have to deploy two Hosted Web apps (HWA). The first HWA allows you to create your profile and is meant to run on your desktop. The second HWA powers the Magic Mirror UI that runs on the Raspberry Pi 2/3.
###Deploying on a PC
- Visual Studio (2013+)
- Windows 10 SDK installed in Visual Stuido
Steps to deploy the Profile Creator app to your desktop:
- In Visual Studio, go to Solution explorer, click on package.appxmanifest > Application and set http://webreflections.azurewebsites.net/create as the start page
- On the ribbon, change the target architecture to match that of your PC (e.g. x64)
- Set the debugging target to "Local machine" (changing the architecture in step 2 probably did this for you)
- Click play to start the app running on your local machine
- Follow the prompts on the create experience to save a profile for yourself
Steps to deploy the Magic Mirror app to the Raspberry Pi 2:
- Go to Solution explorer, click on package.appxmanifest > Application and set http://webreflections.azurewebsites.net/mirror as the start page
- Within the package.appxmanifest view, click the Content URIs tab and insert http://webreflections.azurewebsites.net/ with WinRT Access All
- Click the Capabilities tab and select Webcam
- On the ribbon, Change the taget architecture from Any CPU to ARM
- Click play (it should say Remote Machine)
- A prompt should appear asking you for the Machine Name. Set the IPv4 of your RP as the Machine Name and select Universal for the Require Authentication
- and voilà!
🎁You have succesfully installed the Magic Mirror hosted web app in your RP running Windows IoT core.
You can find a tutorial of how to deploy HWA using Visual Studio here.
###Deploying on a Mac
For guidelines on contributing to this project, please refer to the contributing section.
Please see the run locally section.
##Code of Conduct This project has adopted the Microsoft Open Source Code of Conduct. For more information see the Code of Conduct FAQ or contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any additional questions or comments.