mmg is an open source software for bidimensional and tridimensional surface and volume remeshing.
It provides 3 applications and 4 libraries:
- the mmg2d application and library: adaptation and optimization of a bidimensionnal triangulation;
- the mmgs application and library: adaptation and optimization of a surface triangulation and isovalue discretization;
- the mmg3d application and library: adaptation and optimization of a tetrahedral mesh and implicit domain meshing;
- the mmg library gathering the mmg2d, mmgs and mmg3d libraries.
Get and compile the mmg project
- Get the repository:
git clone https://github.com/MmgTools/mmg.git
The project sources are available under the src/ directory, see:
- src/mmg2d/ for files related to the mmg2d application;
- src/mmgs/ for files related to the mmgs application;
- src/mmg3d/ for files related to the mmg3d application;
- src/common/ for files related to the both.
- Fast compilation (build both mmg2d, mmgs, mmg3d, the mmg2d static library (libmmg3d.a), the mmgs static library (libmmgs.a), the mmg3d static library (libmmg3d.a) and the mmg static library (libmmg.a)):
cd mmg mkdir build cd build cmake .. make make install
make install command fail, try to run the
sudo make install command.
If you don't have root access, please refers to the [Installation] section(https://github.com/MmgTools/Mmg/wiki/Setup-guide#iii-installation) of the setup guide.
The mmg2d, mmgs and mmg3d applications are available under the
Project's web page
Project's actualities and software tutorials can be found on the mmgtools web page.
Share your comments and issues with other members of the Mmg community on the Mmg forum.
More detailed informations about the compilation and configuration of the mmg's applications are available on the project wiki.
Man pages are available inside the doc/man directory:
- To see the mmg2d man page, just tap
- To see the mmgs man page, just tap
- To see the mmg3d man page, just tap
make doc command to build the Doxygen documentation.
- To see the mmg2d documentation, open up the mmg/doc/mmg2d/html/index.html file;
- To see the mmgs documentation, open up the mmg/doc/mmgs/html/index.html file;
- To see the mmg3d documentation, open up the mmg/doc/mmg3d/html/index.html file.
The mmg applications are validated on OS X and on most of the Linux platforms.
Your contributions to the mmg project are welcomed. You can help us to improve our code by many means:
- pull requests: please follow the wiki's guideline;
- feature requests: please use the Mmg forum;
- bug reports: please use the GitHub issue tracker;
About the team
mmg's current developers and maintainers are Charles Dapogny, Cécile Dobrzynski, Pascal Frey and Algiane Froehly.
License and copyright
Code is under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License.
Copyright © Bx INP/Inria/UBordeaux/UPMC, 2004- .