MEDIC Client Registry
The Mohawk College MARC-HI/MEDIC Client Registry Reference Implementation represents the prototype Client Registry (Enterprise Master Patient Index - EMPI) developed under our Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC) grant to build a test version of the pan-Canadian Electronic Health Record System blueprint as prescribed by Canada Health Infoway.
The reference implementation software supports many standards based interfaces including:
- Support for pan-Canadian Messaging (HL7v3) R02.04.01
- IHE PIX Version 3
- IHE PDQ Version 3
- IHE PIX v2.x (HL7v2.3.1 ADT feed, verified IHE CAT NA2015)
- IHE PDQ v2.x (HL7v2.5,verified IHE CAT NA2015)
- IHE PDQm (verified IHE CAT NA2015)
In addition to these standards based interface, the client registry:
- Can act as a Patient Identity Feed (PIXv3) to other actors,
- Supports RFC-3881 (ATNA for IHE interfaces) auditing,
- Provides support for advanced matching/merging algorithms,
- Soundex Matching
- Pattern Matching
- Name Variant Matching
- Provides a custom management interface for merging duplicate patient information,
- Provides an easy-to-use configuration/deployment tool,
- Provides a highly scalable infrastructure via support for PostgreSQL synchronous streaming replication
- Supports query continuation, and persistence,
- Supports message logging and long-term execute-once detection,
- Provides a highly extensible platform for custom interfaces and modules.
This reference implementation project is intended to assist developers in the development of Client Registry software, customer interfaces (as a test interface), in demonstration XDS infrastructures, or in staging environments.
For more information about this project please contact Duane Bender, Director of Applied Research in Digital Health, Mohawk College [duane.bender at mohawkcollege dot ca]