OAS 3.0.3 Change Log
The OAI is pleased to announce the official release of the OpenAPI Specification 3.0.3!
As a patch release, the following changes were made to improve the specification in terms of readability and accuracy. None of these modifications change the behavior of the spec.
- Clarified how Path Templating works.
- Clarified the meaning of Semantic Versioning as it applies to the OpenAPI Specification (note, this is the
openapifield, not the
- Changed some hyperlinks from
- Clarified add the notion of optional security on operations.
- Added an explanation that the
Server Variable Object's
enumshould not be empty. This is not a breaking change but should be considered as guidance for a more explicit restriction in the next major version.
- Clarified paths under the
Paths Objectshould start with a forward slash.
Path Item Object's
$refbehavior with sibling fields.
- Fixed a few examples.
- Clarified the map structure of
- Clarified how path parameters are being matched.
examplesvalue(s) in the
- Fixed example for
- Improved ABNF for
- Clarified valid regex for
- Clarified the behavior of
- Fixed names of OAuth2 flows in the description of
Security Scheme Object.
- Improved description of