This repository contains many resources for constructing a Personal Food Computer v2 (beta)
For many more photos and step by step build instructions, check out instructions.md.
List of Resources
Resources included in this repository:
- Instructions: How to build a PFC2
- Build Video: Video Walkthrough on the build. Good visual cues.
- Master Bill of Materials: Tabbed spreadsheet of components needed to
build the PFC2
- Ordering BOM: Components you will need to order from suppliers
- Kit BOM: Components included in the PFC2 kit [NOTE: The kits are not available yet]
- WIR-HAR-PCK-*: Wiring harness component pack details
- FAS-PCK-0001: Fastener component pack details (The sheet with baggie number information on it)
- STR-FOM-PCK-0001: Sealing foam component pack details
- STR-PNL-PCK-*: Panel and sticker component pack details
- STR-BAR-PCK-0001: Bar component pack details
- Raw Materials: Stock materials including aluminum bar, acrylic and HDPE panels, insulation, foam, etc. that can be used to make many of the components in the STR-BAR-*, STR-PNL-*, STR-FOM-*, and STR-INS-* component packs
- Sub Assembly Bill of Materials: Tabbed spreadsheet of
details on the sub assembly components
- Temperature Control Assembly: Heating element, fan, and PC water cooling radiator
- Chiller Assembly: Fan, mounting plate, and PC water cooling chiller
- Peristaltic Pumps: Nutrient and pH solution pumps and pump mounting panel
- Power Module: Power entry module, power switch, and DC power supplies
- Light Manifold: LEDs, camera, and mounting panel
- Water Manifold: Sensors, panels, pump, filter, etc.
- Brain Manifold: Signal board, Raspberry Pi Model 3, Arduino Mega, etc.
- Solidworks CAD Model: Comprehensive view of where parts belong in the computer
- Drawings: Documentation for machining parts or sending to a contract machinist
- DXF Files: File format used for laser cutting parts
- Wire Harnesses: Bill of Materials and instructions for creating the wire harnesses
- Wiring Reference: Reference when wiring up the device
- Connectorization: Bill of Materials and instructions for attaching connectors to the chiller, fans, pumps, LEDs, etc.
For 3D model Access, Go to http://www.edrawingsviewer.com/ for a free & legitmate CAD document viewing software.