We are proud to announce the release of OpenOrienteering Mapper 0.9.3. This official release includes bug fixes and new features. Key changes since v0.9.2 are:
- When drawing, follow border lines of line symbols, just as following the middle line (GH-273).
- Improved geospatial data handling with GDAL:
- Detecting drivers by file content if possible.
- Opening OziExplorer's files as templates (GH-67).
- On import, clip vector data to the declared extent, useful for exports from OSM.
- Simple support for NMEA position sources on Linux and macOS (e.g. from Bluetooth) (GH-1569).
- Additional space between object control points and selection rectangle (GH-980).
- Template list button in toolbar (GH-1511).
- Translation updates.
- Specifying raster image coordinate reference system (GH-1597).
- Wrong positioning of new OCD templates (GH-1620),
and wrong positioning of some existing templates.
- Handling of border line as area outline (GH-1602).
- OSM import of roads.
- Rare crashes (GH-1578, GH-1600, GH-1608).
- Fix of wrong vector data coordinate transformations for certain CRS (GH-1570), affecting e.g. EPSG:27700 (OSGB36).
- Fix initialization of georeferencing for OCD files.
This release contains 196 commits with 133 changed files since v0.9.2. Many thanks go to 26 contributors.
All changes since v0.9.2
- Windows (7 and up): You can choose between an installer (
*.exe) and a portable archive (
For most modern Windows installations, you should choose the x64 bit packages. The x86 will also run on all Windows desktops but are limited by the 32-bit architecture.
- macOS (10.12 and up): You may need to run the app via Ctrl+Click the first time, in order to allow it to run despite coming from an "unknown source".
- Android (4.1 and up): You can try arm64-v8a package on newer devices. Otherwise, the armeabi-v7a package should work for most older devices.
Note that you will have to allow installation "from unknown sources".
The armeabi-v7a package is also available from the IzzyOnDroid F-Droid Repository.
Linux packages for major distribution continue to be provided via OBS. To automatically install dependencies (and new versions!), choose "add repository and install manually", instead of "grab binary packages directly".