Copyright Since 2012 by Ortus Solutions, Corp - https://www.ortussolutions.com/products/contentbox
Because of God's grace, this project exists. If you don't like this, then don't read it, its not for you.
"Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; And patience, experience; and experience, hope: And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us. ." Romans 5:5
Welcome to ContentBox
ContentBox is FREE Professional Open Source modular content management engine based on the popular ColdBox MVC framework.
Apache License, Version 2.0.
ContentBox is maintained under the Semantic Versioning guidelines as much as possible.
Releases will be numbered with the following format:
And constructed with the following guidelines:
- Breaking backward compatibility bumps the major (and resets the minor and patch)
- New additions without breaking backward compatibility bumps the minor (and resets the patch)
- Bug fixes and misc changes bumps the patch
- Source Code - https://github.com/Ortus-Solutions/ContentBox
- Bug Tracking - https://ortussolutions.atlassian.net/browse/CONTENTBOX
- Documentation - https://contentbox.ortusbooks.com
- Support Community - https://community.ortussolutions.com/c/communities/contentbox/15
- Lucee 5+
- Adobe ColdFusion 2016+
You can follow in-depth installation instructions here: https://contentbox.ortusbooks.com/getting-started/installation or you can use CommandBox to quickly get up and running with ContentBox. You can install it in three different formats:
- ContentBox Installer : Installs a new ColdBox configured site with our ContentBox DSN Creator, ContentBox Installer and ContentBox Modules installed:
box install contentbox-installer
- ContentBox Site: Create a new ColdBox configured site with the ContentBox Module installed. This does not contain our installer or DSN creator modules (Great for containers or pre-installed sites) :
box install contentbox-site
- ContentBox Module: Install ContentBox as a module into an existing ColdBox application (Requires ORM configuration, manual installation):
box install contentbox
- ContentBox Installer Module : You can also install ONLY the ContentBox installer module as an addon:
box install contentbox-installer-module.
# Install New Site with DSN Creator, Installer and ContentBox modules install contentbox-installer # This will install the ContentBox installer module ONLY! install contentbox-installer-module # Install New Site with ContentBox Modules but no DSN Creator and Installer, great for Containers install contentbox-site # Install ContentBox Modules Only into an existing ColdBox App install contentbox
If you want to develop and hack at the source, you will need to download CommandBox, and have NodeJS installed for UI development. Then in the root of this project, type
box recipe workbench/setup.boxr. This will download the necessary dependencies to develop and test with ContentBox.
You can then go ahead and start an embedded server according to which engine you would like to hack in. Please note that the default CFML engine is a Lucee 5 engine. You can start any of the following engines:
run-script start:2016- ACF 2016
run-script start:2018- ACF 2018
run-script start:lucee- Lucee 5
You can also stop any server:
run-script stop:2016- ACF 2016
run-script stop:2018- ACF 2018
run-script stop:lucee- Lucee 5
You can also tail the logs for each server:
run-script log:2016- ACF 2016
run-script log:2018- ACF 2018
run-script log:lucee- Lucee 5
For running our test suites you will need 2 more steps, so please refer to the Readme in the tests folder.
Join us in our Ortus Community and become a valuable member of this project https://community.ortussolutions.com/c/communities/contentbox/15. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
THE DAILY BREAD
"I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but by me (JESUS)" Jn 14:1-12