Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
This version is basically the same as v1.3.0 with a number of bugs fixed. Functionalities related to syllables are not included in this release.
Version 1.3.0 offers a new analysis algorithm, informativity, and allows greater flexibility with calculating functional load, making it clearer what the various normalization options are. Numerous small fixes for usability are included.
Version 1.2 fixes numerous bugs, as well as providing enhancements in the following areas:
Inventory management -- The tools for categorizing segments into an inventory chart have been updated to allow users to interactively update the chart based on natural (or unnatural) classes, including the ability to add / delete / rearrange columns and rows in the chart. Uncategorized segments are more clearly shown and their features easily examined for reference.
Environments/phonological search -- Environments can be more flexibly defined, e.g., using wildcards and inserting / modifying / deleting segments or classes of segments within a linear string. Within the functional load analysis, functional load can be calculated within individual sets of environments rather than exclusively at the word level.
Small updates for usability -- Numerous small updates have been implemented to aid usability, such as improvements to the ability to select segments based on features, changes to the results window to list features instead of segments (where relevant), updates to the documentation for clarity, the addition of an option for normalizing functional load results, new Preference menu options for overwriting files, and more.
This is a bugfix release for version 1.1.0.
- Fixed an issue where inventory charts were not properly generated when a feature specifying diphthongs was not present
- Fixed an issue where corpus importing was ignoring user specified corpus names
- Fixed an issue with loading TextGrid and running text corpora with feature systems
- Fixed an issue where inventory charts were sometimes not properly generated for corpora generated before 1.1.0 sometime
- Fixed an issue where feature pairs could not be selected if a segment in the inventory was unspecified or underspecified
- Added a check for unspecified segments on associating feature systems with corpora
- Added a check for columns named transcription that are not parsed as transcription
- Increased initial size of the parsing preview section when importing corpora
CorpusTools 1.1.0 Release Notes
This is a major version release for Phonological CorpusTools.
The full documentation and manual is available online at http://corpustools.readthedocs.org/en/v1.1.0/ and as a PDF: http://readthedocs.org/projects/corpustools/downloads/pdf/v1.1.0/. Help buttons throughout the GUI will also display relevant information.
- Importing corpora functionality in the GUI received a large overhaul
- All types of corpora are imported through a single dialog
- PCT should autodetect many settings based on selected files or directories
- Autodetected settings can be edited and refined by the user
- Basic logging support saves parsing details entered by the user (i.e.,
- Numbers in transcriptions can be parsed as stress, tone, or as a normal
character (note that tone and stress are currently not supported in functions
or phonological search)
- All algorithms that analyze segments support four strategies for dealing with
pronunciation variants: canonical forms, most frequent variants, separated
tokens as types, and tokens weighted by their relative frequenies
- Algorithms that analyze words support two strategies for pronunciation
variants: canonical forms and most frequent variants
- Exporting corpora can now export pronunciation variants (and their frequencies)
- Added support for finding the average functional load of single segments
- Fixed an issue where calculating biphone probabilities on single segment
words would cause errors; now assigns a probability of 0 to those words
- Added options to bring KL divergence in line with the other functions
- Added command line script for calculating KL divergence
- Added a dialog to the "View/change feature system" dialog to edit the
categorization of segments into a coherent segment chart via features
- Features can be used as input to the analysis functions, i.e. functional load
of voice in the corpus (segements that are +voice compared to segments that
- Segment selection has been redone
- Segments can be selected via the inventory
- Features can be typed into the filter field, which will highlight
segments that will be included with that feature selection
- Once a feature specification has been entered, that segment set can
be locked in
- Environment creation has been revamped
- Users can select a set of center segments
- Right hand and left hand can be added, with multiple sets of segments
on each side
- Help pages for the Mac binary require internet connection to view, due
to issues including .html files in the .app binary
Bug fixes and TextGrid improvements