iPhone Augmented Reality Toolkit
This version of the iPhone ARKit is a forked version of the ARKit started on GitHub by Zac White.
Goals of the project
- Not depended on a specific View Controller or the main App Delegate. (Completed)
- Ability to use both the Landscape and Portrait modes (Completed)
- Use CoreLocation coordinates and update location as the user moves around. (Completed.)
- Use CoreData to store coordinates (Not yet implemented.)
- Ability to add different type of views to augment. (Completed 12/29/11.)
- Ability to touch any of the augment views to handle other tasks. (Completed.)
- Add a Radar Control (Not yet implemented)
iPhone ARKit's APIs are modeled after MapKit's. For an overview of MapKit, please read the documentation for more information.
- The AR kit is targeting the iOS5 SDK. New features of the SDK include the following:
- Using the AVFoundation instead of the UIViewImagePickerControler.
- AR View is no longer a ModalViewController but now loaded into a view.
- Launches from a different view, and items are now clickable and will display their own View Controller.
- Improved perfomance.
- Many memory leaks seem to have been found. If you see any please create an issue and I'll take a look.
Removed the stacking feature that was added last month. It was not fully baked and was causing more problems than it was solving.
Blog for Project
More information about the project can be found at the agilite software blog
Keep up to date on announcements and more by following Agilite Software on Twitter, @agilite.
I would like to thank Zac White for starting the initial project and giving me the ability to fork his code and make the changes I see to make an awesome ARKit. I would also like to thank Gamaliel A. Toro Herrera, Jared Crawford and Mike Tigas for their contributes to the project that I pulled in from their forked projects.
Copyright (c) 2011 Agilite Software
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON INFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.